Red Canyon Loop Half Day Jeep Tour
This interpretive 3-hour jeep tour departs from Canon City and meanders through bright red towering spires and monoliths sculpted by the erosion of the fountain formation. Your geological tour through time includes a short walk out to "Overlook Arch" and a up-close look at dinosaur footprints left over 107 million years ago. You will see where paleontologists have been removing dinosaur remains for over 140 years from one of the most famous digs in history along with ancient Indian petroglyphs.
This scenic tour is just one of the amazing locations we visit from our office in Cañon City. If this tour doesn't meet your needs, we most likely have one that does. We offer tours and packages from 3 hours to all day. Be sure to see our other listings for more options.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Colorado Jeep Tours
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Garden Park Fossil Area, 3028 E Main St, Canon City, CO 81212-2731
Historic dinosaur-fossil quarries with trails, picnic tables & scenic overlooks in a rugged setting.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Colorado Jeep Tours, 2320 E Main St, Canon City, CO 81212-4002
Colorado Jeep Tours offers high quality, scenic, and informative off-road jeep tours based from Cañon City. Our interpretive tours of the Royal Gorge, Red Canyon, and the historic gold mining district of Cripple Creek and Victor offer a variety of information including western history, geology, paleontology and more while traveling some of the most beautiful trails in south/central Colorado.
Our professionally-driven guided tours offer a fun and interesting way to see and learn about the Royal Gorge region, and they are enjoyed by people of all ages. Cañon City is located about 45 minutes from Colorado Springs or Pueblo, and 2 hours from Denver, so we’re an easy day-trip from many front range cities.
We offer 1/2 day and full day jeep-only trips (starting at 3 hours), and full-day combo packages with rafting, the Royal Gorge Bridge, wine tasting, the Royal Gorge Route Railroad, and zip-lining over the Royal Gorge.
READY TO JEEP? LET’S GO!
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Red Canyon Park, County Road F24, Canon City, CO 81212
At Red Canyon Park you can explore 600 acres of piñon, sage, and beautiful red rock from the Fountain Formation. Formed 290-296 million years ago, this rock was created by a series of braided streams carrying material eroded off of the Ancestral Rocky Mountains! Operated by the City of Cañon City, the secluded Red Canyon Park is a locals’ favorite. Here you can feel free to explore on the trail or off—a true adventure.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Skyline Drive, Canon City, CO
The single-lane, one-way road rises about 800 feet above the surrounding terrain. There are no guardrails despite sharp drop offs, and the drive is about 3 miles long.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :2315 E Main St, Cañon City, CO 81212, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- CANCELLATION POLICY:
- Please be sure to confirm your travel plans to Canon City before making a reservation for our jeep tours. Due to the very limited seating on the custom vehicles, payment in full is due at the time of the booking, and reservations made through TripAdvisor cannot be changed or cancelled once confirmed. Our cancellation policy is a 100% cancellation fee, meaning there are no refunds once a tour is booked. If you have questions about this, please visit the Colorado Jeep Tours website's FAQ page or call Colorado Jeep Tours before booking a tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.