Real Exclusive | Vatican VIP Early Entrance & Underground Catacombs
Don't lose the chance to have a remarkable and unique experience inside the Vatican Museum before the museum doors officially open. You will have the unique and exclusive experience to appreciate the Vatican majesty with nearly no one around, while the rest of the visits offered in the Vatican are held with a lot of different tourists around you.
After your Vatican tour, reach our office in via Della Polveriera 8 (on your own) and enjoy an in-depth experience in one of the most exciting and visited places in Rome, the Catacombs on the Ancient Appian Way. You'll descend into a complex network of underground tunnels, among the longest in the world, where you can admire ancient frescoes, crypts rich in inscriptions, small mausoleums, sarcophagi, tombs. You'll also find the burial of famous people like popes, martyrs and, according to legends, even some apostles.
The catacombs that we'll visit (San Calisto, San Sebastiano, or Santa Domitilla) will change depending on the day.
per adult from
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Professional Guide
- Small Group
- Skip the Line Entrance
- Transfer from Via della Polveriera to the Catacombs
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - Parco Archeologico dell'Appia Antica
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Guide service during the transfer to the Catacombs
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican City, Vatican City, Lazio
Introduction to the Vatican City and Vatican History.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Enjoy the chance to access the Vatican Museums before everybody else. Discover the treasures hosted by one of the largest and most-visited museums of the world enriched by a huge number of masterpieces collected through time.
Taking a spectacular big spiral staircase you will be introduced to the impressive greatness of the Vatican Museum.
Admire the best of the ancient world visiting the Greek and Roman sculpture section. A collection of classical art masterpieces where admire the beauty of several sculpture groups, as for example the statue of Laocoön and His Sons that is one of the most famous ancient sculptures.
Pass by the Chandelier Gallery, named by the several marble chandelier decorating this section.
Be astonished by the elegant Tapestry gallery, wallpapered by the finest tapestry worldwide, realized by Raphael's disciples.
Visit the Maps Gallery, a complete exhibition of maps representing Italy as it was seen by cartographers in 1581.
Enjoy a spectacular panoramic view of the Vatican Garden
and much more ...
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
You will also have the unique and exclusive experience to visit the Sistine Chapel almost alone. It's a real privilege to see it with a tiny crowd. Admire the major representatives of Italian art such as Leonardo, Perugino, Beato Angelico, and many more
Towards the end of this tour, you will visit the beautiful Sistine Chapel to admire Michelangelo’s masterpiece: The Last Judgement.
Your tour will end up at around 10:30 am.
Enjoy some free time until 1:45 pm when you need to show up at our office in Via della Polveriera 8 (near the Colosseum) to join your group for the second part of your tour.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Parco Archeologico dell'Appia Antica, Piazza delle Finanze 1, 00185 Rome Italy
Starting, with a small group, from our travel agency, near the Colosseum, you will be comfortably transported on an air-conditioned vehicle, in one of the most interesting and visited places in Rome, the "catacombs" on the Via Appia Antica.
Walk along the majestic Aurelian Walls and come to the archaeological area of the Via Appia Antica, immersed in the green Roman countryside, you will descend into the ancient world of the Catacombs, a complex network of underground tunnels among the longest in the world, which occupies an area of about fifteen hectares, consisting of about 60 kilometers of tunnels on several levels. The catacombs that we will visit (San Calisto, San Sebastiano or Santa Domitilla), for your tour will change depending on the day, but from where we go, you will have the opportunity to see ancient frescoes, crypts rich in inscriptions carved in the walls, niches with still remains of skeletons, small mausoleums, sarcophagi, tombs and small chapels that still today, after about 2000 years, are still used to celebrate religious rites.
Here you will find the burial of famous people like popes, martyrs and, according to legends, even some apostles.
After the tour, back in the sunlight, your driver will take you back to the original starting point in Via Della Polveriera.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1: Via Leone IV, 6, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
2: Via della Polveriera, 8, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Via della Polveriera, 8, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Customers have a mandatory meeting time stated 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time for both tours, due to managing and organizational reasons.If you arrive late to the stated meeting time, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again. As per "No Show" rules you will not be entitled to a refund.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and Vatican Museum. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- To get inside the monuments it is used group ticket and not individual one. It cannot be asked just the ticket entrance.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The activity can suffer 20/30 min variation due to organizational resons
- Please be advised capacity regulations and security may delay the tour departure This could also influence the smooth running of the tour especially on national holidays and events
- Cancellations, changes or issues due to weather, security and events held by the monument are beyond our control and are directly decided by their administration team. These issues will be reviewed by us and dealt with on an individual basis but are the responsibility of the monument.
- You must have a valid photo ID to enter the monuments (student's ID, Driver License, Passport or State ID all work.) You will be asked to also provide your name, last name and date of birth (at the beginning of the tour, if not provided beforehand.) Security may prevent you from entering the site if the information provided is not accurate and/or don't match the one on your ID.
- Child discount is applied only with a valid ID card
- Note: tour will not operate on religious holidays
- WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE TO VISIT THE BASILICA DURING RELIGIOUS HOLIDAYS AND CEREMONIES (Audiences, Beatifications, Masses of the POPE). The Basilica is often subject to sudden closures. In these cases it is not possible to guarantee access to the Basilica.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- All visitors must pass through the monument/attraction security check please allow at least 20 minutes to clear security.
- Please be aware that large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in the monument/ attraction. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the monument.
- For security reasons all visitors and their luggage shall be screened. To facilitate the security checks please insert any object (including mobile phone) in the bag/backpack or in the tray to be included in the X-ray
- Transpostation to the Catacombs will be lead by a professional dirver (not a guide)
- The catacomb temperature is about 60°F and the moisture content is high; please dress appropriately
- No one can visit the catacombs on their own, nor stray from their group along the route, nor cross the gates that delimit the paths open to the public
- It is forbidden to touch the exhibits along the visit path
- It is forbidden to remove any object and/or material
- No photos allowed
- Food and drink are not allowed
- No change on a booking can be accepted after 24hrs to the starting time of the tour. In that instance, no refund will be issued.
- For the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund
- Pets are not allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not accessible for walker users
- Not recommended for people with motor difficulties
- We kindly inform you that any kind of disability (visual impairment, hearing impairment,... ) or anything that might prevent you to regularly join the tour, MUST BE communicate in advance to our staff.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.