Ramnagar Fort and Museum Tour in Varanasi
Visit Ramnagar Fort situated just outside of Varanasi on the banks of the River Ganges. Built in 1750, the Mughal style fort continues to be the residence of the Maharaja of Benares. The fort is built in red sandstone and has two temples and a museum within the grounds. One of the temples is dedicated to the Hindu Saint Ved Vyasa, who wrote the great Indian epic, Mahabharata. Legend has it that Ved Vyasa stayed here for a brief period.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance Fees
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Ramnagar Fort
- Entry/Admission - Durga Mandir Temple
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ramnagar Fort, Kila Road Ramnagar Crossing, Varanasi 221008 India
You will be picked up from your hotel leave for sightseeing.
Ramnagar Fort is located at a distance of 7 miles from Varanasi. Visit the fort and the temple dedicated to the Hindu Saint, Ved Vyasa and the monkey God Hanuman. See the several carved balconies, open courtyards and pavilions and the well laid gardens. Only a part of the palace is open to public, as the rest of it continues to be the residence of the royal family.
Also visit the Fort Museum that has some rare collections of American vintage cars, bejeweled sedan chairs, ivory work, medieval costumes, and gold and silver brocaded royal palanquins. You can also see elephant saddles carved out of silver, jewellery, costumes made of Kimkhwa silk (finest product of the weavers of Varanasi), an impressive armory hall with swords, and old guns from Africa, Burma and Japan. There are old armored matchlocks, ornate hookahs (smoking pipes), daggers, portraits of Maharajas and a rare astronomical clock.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Durga Mandir Temple, Ramnagar, Jim Corbett National Park India
After the tour of the fort, visit the magnificent Durga temple in Ramnagar. The temple is over 500 years old and is managed by the royal family of Benaras. It is dedicated to the Hindu Goddess Durga and has some fabulous stone sculptures.
Once your tour will be finished you will be driven back to your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
From your hotel in the city VaranasiAirports
- Varanasi Airport, Varanasi India
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.