Rainier 4-day Backpacking
Join us for 4 days of backpacking in Mount Rainier National Park!
On this trip you will learn fundamental skills necessary for safe backcountry travel such as navigation, packing, leave no trace, and cooking, all while while enjoying one of the most pristine and rugged wildernesses the Pacific Northwest has to offer.
per adult from
What's included :
- PRICE INCLUDES
- Breakfast and Dinner. Chai/Tea
- Guiding fees
- Group gear: tents, cookware
- Pre-Trip Planning/Information session on packing
- Backpacking and Outdoors safety skills
What's excluded :
- PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Travel to and from Seattle-Tacoma, Washington
- On this trip you will learn fundamental skills necessary for safe backcountry travel such as navigation, packing, leave no trace, and cooking, all while while enjoying one of the most pristine and rugged wildernesses the Pacific Northwest has to offer.
As we hike through the Carbon River region, we will witness the awesome powers of water, glaciers, volcanoes, and nature. This trip has it all: rivers, waterfalls, glaciers, meadows, cliffs, canyons and breathtaking views of Mount Rainier, and an amazing opportunity to learn and practice the do’s and don’ts of backpacking. The scenery is so stunning you will probably start planning your next trip before you leave the park!
We will practice several topics such as appropriate gear, light-packing, cooking, and safety, all of which will help to ensure you have an enjoyable experience whenever you visit the outdoors. Weeks before the trip begins, we will discuss appropriate gear and packing. The hike itself is of moderate difficulty overall, but it boasts many easy stretches that will allow you to keep your eyes fixed on the vistas, glaciers, and Mount Rainier. We plan to enjoy our time in the park at a comfortable pace, since half the fun of being outdoors is escaping our busy lives! There are some tough sections, however, so be prepared for a few challenges and many breath-taking rewards!
• Pre-Trip planning/checklist
• How to Pack
• How to Camp
• Backcountry cooking
• Water management
• Leave No Trace principles
• Basic Navigation
• Emergency planning
• Info on First Aid kit
• Ten Essentials
• Basic Snow skills
• Optional Ice Axe Arrest
Departure Point :Miyar Adventures, 17311 135th Ave NE, Ste. #C-500, Woodinville, WA 98072, USA
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 13 years
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.