Rainforest Wildlife, Panama Hat makers, Traditional Cuisine. SHORE TOUR
We emigrated from the UK over 10 years ago and we know what you're looking for. We always put you first, but the quality of our tour locations are a very close second. We won't tolerate establishments that merely tolerate tourist travellers. They have to excel in in Service and Quality, or we leave them out.
This tour is a favourite for the more active Cruise ship passengers and tourists alike. We spend a day enjoying local wildlife, culture, food and drink. The rainforest section can include light and easy walking for up to 1 hours, and then a much more adventurous active hike for the second hour if desired. If not we can hop back on the bus and meet the rest of the group at the finish line.
per adult from
4 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Bottled water
- Snacks - Local Plantain Crisps/chips
- Entry/Admission - Pacoche Wildlife Refuge
- Entry/Admission - Playa San Lorenzo
- Entry/Admission - Museo Ciudad Alfaro
- Entry/Admission - Playa Tarqui
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pacoche Wildlife Refuge, Ruta del Spondylus Bosque de Pacoche, Pacoche Ecuador
Start times will adjust to Ship arrival. The first stop is a trip to the green abundance of the Pacoche rainforest. Secluded in the humid microclimate this national park houses an immense variety of birds, monkeys and all sorts of local wildlife. Your guide will team up with a local resident here to help highlight all the interesting sights and sounds. The walk is 2 hours long, with the first hour being very easy mostly level terrain with some steps with bamboo railing. The second half is a little more demanding as we traverse some rocky terrain and local dear tracks along and across small streams. Feet will likely get wet here. Less adventurous types can turn back at the halfway point and meet us and the finish point on the bus.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Playa San Lorenzo, Manta 130802 Ecuador
Famous as a breeding ground for sea turtles, during the winter months, we can often see the eggs hatch and the baby turtles striving towards the surf. They will return 40 years later after reach breeding age.
This awesome little town is home to various expats who have accomplished their dream of living and working in paradise. We can get a traditional meal at the beachfront restaurants and bars. You’ll see a lot of strange dishes that are really tasty. We recommend the Tongas.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Museo Ciudad Alfaro, Montecristi - Manta Via Portoviejo . Manta, Montecristi 130902 Ecuador
Next, we will travel to the home of the famous Panama Hats, Montecristi. Sheltered at the feet of the Landmark Mountain is the town that birthed these sombreros many generations ago. Once in the small town center, your guide will show you the Panama hat makers workshops and stores as well as a huge variety of local artisan goods. We can also see some of the last examples of the traditional wooden architecture in the central plaza next to the cathedral.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Playa Tarqui, Manta 130204, Ecuador
This tour will take us along the main coast road in Manta to the historic fish market, the base of the local economy as well as the Traditional wooden shipyard right on the beach. The daily life of the fishermen has not much changed in generations and the massive wooden skeletons of the fishing trawlers being built are truly impressive.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can manage pickups from anywhere in and around Manta. Transport from further afield can be organised on request.Ports
- TPM manta
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our guest’s health and safety is of vital importance to us. We have implemented the following steps to ensure your tour is as safe as possible and comply with local authorities.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.