Rainbow Mountain Trek 2D/1N
Discover the majestic Rainbow Mountain of Peru, a sacred site and unique natural wonder, on this challenging and rewarding 2-day trek.
-Discover the breathtaking Rainbow Mountain
-Witness beautiful views of Ausangate glacier
-Trek through local villages and stunning scenery
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Pre-departure briefing Briefing
- Wranglers and horses to carry equipment
- Professional chef
What's excluded :
- Sleeping bag / trekking poles (available for rent)
- Entrance fees (10 Soles)
- Other meals/drinks
- Personal expenses and Tips
- Travel insurance
- Entry/Admission - Montana de Siete Colores
Day 1: Cuzco – Urcos – Quesiuno – Llamachimpana (B/L/D)
Stop At: Urcos, Urcos, Cusco Region
We will pick you up early from your Cuzco accommodation and set out on a drive through the South Valley. We'll enjoy lunch in Pitumarca and then continue our trip to the trailhead at Quesoyuni (4,326 m / 14,189 ft). We will hike through villages and interact with the local residents. We might also have the opportunity to see adorable chinchillas and vicunas (the latter being the only non-domesticated animal of the llama family in Peru). After a hike of 3-4 hours, we will reach our camp, near the village of Llamachimpana. When night falls, we will have a serene night’s sleep under the stars.
Lowest Elevation: 4,326 /14,189ft
Highest Elevation: 4,598 m / 15,082
Distance to walk: 4 km / 2 ½ miles
Approximate walking time: 3 to 4 hours
Level of Difficulty: Challenging
Duration: 17 hours
Accommodation included: Camping near the village of Llamachimpana
Day 2: Llamachimpana – Vinicunca (Rainbow Mountain) – Quesiuno – Cuzco (B/L)
Stop At: Montana de Siete Colores, Cusco 084 Peru
After breakfast, we'll begin the day with an early climb up the beautiful Rainbow Mountain. Take in the sights of the magical landscapes and the valleys that this beautiful place offers. After soaking in the incredible views, we will go to the Red Valley viewpoint, about 30 minutes from Rainbow Mountain. After, we'll begin our three-hour descent by crossing two beautiful lagoons (Cochayoc and Yanacocha) and arrive at Llamachimpana for lunch. After lunch, we'll travel back to Cuzco where your adventure comes to an end.
Lowest Elevation: Checacupe 3,500 m /14,189ft
Highest Elevation: Rainbow Mountain 5,050 m / 15,530 ft
Distance to walk: 10 km / 6 ½ miles
Approximate walking time: 5 to 6 hours
Level of Difficulty: Challenging
Duration: 16 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please get in touch with us at least 2 weeks before your departure so we can arrange pick-up from your accommodation.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.