Rainbow Mountain in one Day from Cusco
The “Rainbow Mountain” in Peru, also known as Vinicunca, is an spectacular place near the snowy Ausangate glacier which is considered a sacred mountain by local people, is one of the most important deities of ancient Cusco. Since pre-Inca times the mountain has been a place of worship and offerings and this tradition continues untill nowadays.On this walk you will see picturesque villages, beautiful “adobe” houses, herds of llamas and alpacas, and you will have a magnificent view of the glacier Ausangate (6,385 m / 20,945 feet).
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Briefing the day before in your hotel
- Round trip transport from Cusco to the starting point of the trek.
- Professional guide English - Spanish
- Breakfast in Cusipata
- Lunch in Cusipata.
- Pick you up from your hotel
- Drop off in Regocijo square near to the main square.
What's excluded :
- Entrace to the Rainbow Mountain (4 USD or 10 Soles)
- Rent Horse (+30 usd)
- Entry/Admission - Montana de Siete Colores
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Montana de Siete Colores, Cusco 084 Peru
In this program we will visit one of the new natural attractions of Cusco "The rainbow mountain". The tour starts early in the morning, we will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco between 04:00 and 04:30 am. We will travel by car around two hours to the south until arriving to Cusipata - Paucarpata district, where we take the breakfast. After the breakfast we will travel by car 1 hour to the control point (Llaqto), where we will start the trek. The trek will last approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes, we will appreciate the typical landscape of the Andes, the main characteristic is the presence of Llamas and Alpacas, upon reaching the viewpoint of Vinicunca or Montaña de Colores (5080 masl.). Our guide will give us a description about the orography, ecosystem and color of the mountain, we can also use the moment to take photos of the memory and admire the beautiful landscape of the mountain chain of Vinincunca, then we will return by the same route to the point where we start the trek (Llaqto), where our transport will be waiting to take us back to Cusipata, where we will enjoy the buffet lunch. After lunch we will start the return trip to the Cusco city, arriving between 4 and 5 in the afternoon. The last stop will be near to the Plaza de Armas of Cusco
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up for any hotel/hostel near to the main square if you stay in airbnb dont worry a tranfer pick you up and transfer for the meeting point.
Departure Time :4:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.