Rainbow Mountain - Full Day Tour
The Rainbow Mountain of Peru, also known as Winicunca.
On this trek you will see quaint villages, beautiful adobe style houses, herds of llamas and alpacas and you will have magnificent views of the Ausangate Mountain (6,385 m / 20,945 ft.), the highest mountain in Cusco region.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup
- Transport by touristic Vehicle
- Breakfast - Continental breakfast
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Professional guide
- Oxygen for emergenciesFirst aid kit & the guide is a trained firstaider
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Hire of your own horse – (this can be arranged) our horses are for sharing
- Your day starts in Cusco where you are picked up at 4:30am for a 3 hour trip via private car or minibus to the start of the trail at Anchipata There we will have our breakfast at a our campsite and then this is where the trek starts.
We set off uphill along side a babbling mountain stream and herds of alpaca into the next valley.
Here, weather permitting, you may get your first glimpse of our target – Rainbow Mountain!
The trek up to the mountain will take around 2 hours from here depending on your fitness level.
Up on top, we will take a well deserved break and have some snacks. This is also your opportunity to catch your breath and to enjoy the stunning views. This is where you will be so glad your brought your camera!
After this we will set of on the trek back down to the trailhead (about 2 hours). This part of the trek you will find much easier. Back in the mountain community you will have lunch at our restaurant placed in Anchipata and take a bit more time to relax.
The driver and our private vehicle are waiting to take you back to Cusco (3hr) for a drop off at Plaza Regocijo arriving around 7pm.
Departure Point :Portal de Comercio 149, Cusco 08002, Peru
Traveler pickup is offered
Some hotels do not have big enough streets to can park if that is the case of your hotel let us know to can change the pick-up point
Departure Time :4:45 AM
Return Detail :Plaza Kusipata, Cusco 08002, Peru
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.