Rainbow Mountain Cusco
In this Rainbow Mountain day tour we will discover one of the most impressive attractions of Peru! It’s growing popularity over the last year has brought flocks of travelers from all over the world to admire it’s beauty. But! That’s where we are different. Instead of arriving with the hundreds of other travelers, we make it a mission to be one of the first groups to reach the summit.
The experience is completely different when you are not surrounded by other travelers trying to get the same photo as you are and gives you a true appreciation for natures beauty. Not to mention the 360 views from the summit where you are able to see the Apu Ausangate in the distance. Avoid the crowds and book below!
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Roundtrip transportation
- First aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle.
- Entrance to Rainbow Mountain
- Entry/Admission - Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain
What's excluded :
- Bottle of water
- Horse ($25 extra)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain, Cordillera de Vilcanota, Cusco 08225, Peru
We will pick you up from your hotel at 3:30 AM, then start our incredible adventure by driving about 3 hours in our private van through the South Valley to the village of Colca, where we will enjoy a delicious breakfast buffet, then continue our Journey to the beginning of the path called K’ayrawiri (4,500 m / 15,189 ft.). Along this road there are breathtaking views of agriculture in this place, canyon and snow-covered terraces.
When you arrive at the beginning of the trail our guide will give you a small instruction of the area and the last reaches to finally begin a walk of approximately 2.5 hours for a moderate climb. During the trip we will have the opportunity to appreciate a variety of South American camelids, spectacular ecosystems typical of this place and beautiful views of the Ausangate mountain.
At approximately 10:00 am we will arrive at our destination called Vinicunca or Rainbow Mountain (5,020 m / 16,466 ft.).Once we arrive at the top of Rainbow Mountain, you will have enough time to absorb the majesty of the red mountains that surround this area. You will also see amazing views of the valley and Ausangate Glacier Peak in front of you. Ausangate is the tallest mountain of the Cusco region (just under 21,000 ft elevation), and is part of the Cordillera Vilcanota Range. While taking in these magnificent views, our staff will bring you some hot drinks and share some information with you about the composition of these mountains and how they became striated in the rainbow of colors. After taking a few amazing pictures and soaking in the views (perhaps we will see even a few condors floating on the air currents), we will begin our descent with a two hour, downhill hike. We will then meet up with our trekking chef and enjoy a delicious, freshly prepared, hot lunch. Finally, after our interactions with the locals, we will start our return trip back to catch our private van back to Cusco. We will drop you off in Cusco approximately 6 p.m.
Duration: 15 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Every Hotel near to the city center of Cusco
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Enjoy our 24/7 trip support
- Our promise the best value & service
- Punctual, reliable transfers
- Experienced Peru guides
- What should you bring
- Carry a water bottle and drink plenty of water
- Bring a snack for the hike (and bring back any trash with you). There are also locals selling candies, water and soda, and small snacks near the trailhead.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes with good traction.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- At Peru Wayna Picchu, the health and safety of our travelers is our top priority.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.