The Mountain of the 7 Colors (also known as Vinincunca or Cerro Colorado) is a natural attraction located in Cusco.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Breakfast - The tour includes > Pick up from hotel > private transport > 1 breakfast > 1 lunch > Professional bilingual guide > Gallon of oxygen > Walking stick
What's excluded :
- Entrance (US$ 3) horse transport (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Montana de Siete Colores, Cusco 084 Peru
You will be picked up from your hotel to leave with private transport to Cusipata where you will have breakfast. The drive from Cusco to Cusipata takes approximately 2 hours. Once you arrive in Cusipata you will start to hike to the rainbow mountain at an altitude of 5200 meters above sea level, the hike takes approximately one hour.
Once you reach the summit of the mountain, you can see the panoramic view of the rainbow mountain. Before you start the return walk, you will have enough time to rest and take photos. The return walk will be to Llaqto, where you will have lunch. After lunch, private transport will pick you up and take you back to Cusco. You will arrive at between 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. at Cusco.
The rainbow mountain also known as Vinicunca, is one of the new and best attractions in Peru. It is located some 100 kilometers from the city of Cusco, with an altitudinal summit of 5200 meters above sea level. The name ¨rainbow mountain¨ was given due to the mountainous formation dyed in various colors, product of the complex combination of minerals. The colors you will be able to observe include red, purple, green, yellow, pink and other variations. The mountain was surrounded and covered by ice layers not many years ago. But when the ice layers began to disappear since 2016, the colors appeared and the rainbow mountain became one of the most visited places in Cusco-Peru, along with Machu Picchu.
Departure Point :Cusco, Peru
Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up from your hotel to leave with transport to Cusipata
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/16/2019 - 10/23/2021
Monday - Sunday: 04:30 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.