Rainbow Mountain & Red Valley
In this Rainbow Mountain and Red Valley day tour we will discover two of the most impressive attractions of Peru! It’s growing popularity over the last year has brought flocks of travelers from all over the world to admire it’s beauty. But! That’s where we are different. Instead of arriving with the hundreds of other travelers, we make it a mission to be one of the first groups to reach the summit.
The experience is completely different when you are not surrounded by other travelers trying to get the same photo as you are and gives you a true appreciation for natures beauty. Not to mention the 360 views from the summit where you are able to see the Apu Ausangate in the distance. Avoid the crowds and book below!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Breakfast(hotel in Aguas Calientes)
- Box Lunch(first day)
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup
- Roundtrip transportation
- 1 walking stick
- First aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle.
- Vegetarian/special diet options available
- Attentive to our briefing in your hotel one day before RM
- Entry/Admission - Montana de Siete Colores
What's excluded :
- Bottle of water
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Montana de Siete Colores, Cusco 084 Peru
We will pick you up from your hotel at 3:30 AM, then start our incredible adventure by driving about 3 hours in our private van through the South Valley to the village of Japura, where we will enjoy a delicious breakfast buffet, then continue our Journey to the beginning of the path called K’ayrawiri (4,500 m / 15,189 ft.). Along this road there are breathtaking views of agriculture in this place, canyon and snow-covered terraces.
When you arrive at the beginning of the trail our guide will give you a small instruction of the area and the last reaches to finally begin a walk of approximately 2.5 hours for a moderate climb. During the trip we will have the opportunity to appreciate a variety of South American camelids, spectacular ecosystems typical of this place and beautiful views of the Ausangate mountain.
At approximately 10:00 am we will arrive at our destination called Vinicunca or Rainbow Mountain (5,020 m / 16,466 ft.). Here you will have enough time to enjoy this unique landscape that geography whimsically formed and you can also take spectacular views of this place that looks hand painted and brush. After our visit to the rainbow mountain we will continue our walk towards “the red valley” where you will have the opportunity to enjoy a unique landscape surrounded by impressive red mountains. Here you will have enough time to take photos of this beautiful landscape. Afterwards we will descend through the valley following the river bank until we reach the village of Japura (This trek is pure descent and will take you approximately 3 hours). In Japura we will enjoy a delicious buffet lunch prepared by our chef and after a short break we will start the trip back to Cusco arriving at approximately 6:30 pm.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our tour leaves the 365 days a year! at 3:40 am Await for us in your hotel
Departure Time :2:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Enjoy our 24/7 trip support
- Our promise the best value & service
- Punctual, reliable transfers
- Experienced Peru guides
- What should you bring
- Carry a water bottle and drink plenty of water
- Bring a snack for the hike (and bring back any trash with you). There are also locals selling candies, water and soda, and small snacks near the trailhead.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes with good traction.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- At Peru Wayna Picchu, the health and safety of our travelers is our top priority.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.