Rainbow Mountain ( CUSIPATA TRAIL)
Enjoy the Fascinating and little know
Cusipata trail to
Vinicunka. The trail itself has much better views than the Pitumarka trail and also is shorter, just 1 hour 30 minutes hike!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Breakfast, Lunch
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- We will pick you up from your Hotel in Cusco at 4:30 a.m. It is an about 3 hour drive in our shared van, during which we will pass through traditional villages and have an amazing view of the Andes. When we reach the starting point of the trail, we will stop for breakfast at a small cozy restaurant. After breakfast we will start the hike from Chillihuani at 4,600 m. From there it will be a 1h 30 minutes uphill hike to reach the famous Rainbow Mountain. Along the way you will have the chance to enjoy an amazing view of the Andes, glacial peaks, red mountains, rocky hills, traditional llamas and alpacas grazing along the valley. Once we arrive at the top of Rainbow Mountain, you´ll have a breathtaking views of the valleys and Ausangate Glacier Peak in front of you. Ausangate is the tallest mountain of the Cusco region (just under 21,000 ft) and is part of the Cordillera Vilcanota Range. While you are enjoying the view your guide will provide you with interesting information about the composition of these mountains and how they became striated in the rainbow of colors. Our descent will be for around 1 hour, it is a downhill hike and a delicious, freshly made and hot lunch will be ready for us when we get there. After lunch it would be nice to interact with the locals and then we will start our trip back to Cusco. We will drop you off at your hotel around 5 p.m.
Departure Point :Centrally located Cusco hotels
Departure Time :4:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.