Railway and The Coffee
This private half day tour begins when you are picked up from your hotel accommodation.
Drive to Ambarawa Village, visit Ambarawa Train Station, Tuntang Station and Plantation Tour.
Buffet Lunch will be served at Mesastila.
Drive back to your hotel accommodation.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- An orientation drive through the historical sections of Semarang begins this truly delightful day of touring. Leaving the city behind, you’ll head through the lush tropical landscape of rural central Java as you make your way to Ambarawa Village, home of the Ambarawa Railway Museum and where you will board your antique steam train. Before getting underway, a brief visit is made to the well-maintained train museum which is set around the grounds of the old railway station. Here, you’ll find a substantial collection of well-restored classic locomotives, with the oldest dating back to 1891.
Boarding an original passenger coach complete with vintage wooden benches, your picturesque train journey to Tuntang Station (passing through Rawa Pening lake) and back to Ambarawa Station. From either side of your train car, you’ll find some splendid scenic vistas of rice paddies, small creeks, local houses and dazzling Rawa Pening ( literally meaning 'Clear Swamp', from the Javanese Bening) with backdrop of majestic mountains.
Arriving at Ambarawa Train Museum, you’ll disembark and rejoin your coach for the drive to a Mesastilla coffee plantation. This is an excellent opportunity to see up-close Javanese coffee trees with their beans in various stages of ripening, clinging to the branches. Your hosts at the plantation are happy to share with you their knowledge of coffee and the process of how the beans are grown and then made into the final coffee product. A buffet Lunch will be served before it’s time to board your coach for the relaxing drive back to Semarang City.
Please note : This tour includes a moderate amount of walking and several of the sites are not wheelchair accessible. Therefore, it is not considered suitable for wheelchair guests. The train is not air-conditioned, and caps and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
Departure Point :Your Semarang Accommodation.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Your Semarang Accommodation.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.