Quebrada de Humahuaca - From Salta
An incredible trip through the Quebrada de Humahuaca! Declared a World Heritage Site, this area where the landscape and the colors of the hills blend with the equally colorful cultures that inhabit this area, is an ideal destination for those who want to know more about Argentina's past. It is a journey of social contact and a view of the ancestral.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Quebrada de Humahuaca, Rio Grande Purmamarca Village, Humahuaca Argentina
This excursion will take us from Salta through the province of Jujuy to visit and visit its enchanting landscapes and villages and to travel almost 10,000 years of history. From south to north, the Quebrada de Humahuaca was born in Volcán, where the mountains abruptly abandon the green and give way to ocher and brown mountains. Without leaving the contour of the Rio Grande, we arrive at the town of Tumbaya, which shelters its beautiful church built in 1796. When we deviate through National Route No. 52, we enter Purmamarca, a town of legends and singers, which has a church dedicated to Santa Rosa de Lima dating from 1648. The town of Purmamarca has been built at the foot of the internationally known "Cerro de Siete Colores".
The tour continues through Tilcara, where you will visit the Pucará (an old indigenous fortress), which has been reconstructed. It is a tangible sample of the splendor of its ancient inhabitants, the tilcaras. Towards the North, after passing through Huacalera and the Tropic of Capricorn, you arrive at Uquía, which in its Church treasures one of the most important collections of the famous "Arcabuceros Angels", emblematic examples of Cuzco painting.
The city of Humahuaca, heart of the Quebrada, awaits the visitor full of natural, historical and cultural attractions. Among the latter stand out the Monument to the Heroes of Independence and the articulated image of San Francisco Solano, who every noon makes its appearance in the central square to bless the people.
The tour ends in Salta.
Departure: 07:00 hs
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.