Qinhuangdao Private Day Trip: Shanhaiguan Pass, Old Dragon's Head and Great Wall
1, Visiting the most well-known highlights of Qinhuangdao on a hassle-free day tour with the local expert guide, friendly driver and comfortable vehicle.
2, The best way to learn the origin of the Great Wall at from the non-touristic area. After exploring the famous first pass under heaven and old dragon's head (Laolongtou), you will also be able to do some hiking on the Great Wall at Jianshan which was said as the first mountain of the Great Wall.
3, You will have chance to taste the local food in authentic restaurant by staying away from the crowds.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private English Guide Service
- Private Driver & Car Service
- Entrance tickets in the itinerary
- All The Toll And Parking Fees, Local Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Shanhaiguan Gate Tower
- Entry/Admission - Laolongtou (Old Dragon's Head)
- Entry/Admission - Great Wall at Jiaoshan
What's excluded :
- Meal, Drink, and Other personal cost
- Gratuities for good service
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shanhaiguan Gate Tower, In Shanhaiguan District, Shanhaiguan District, Qinhuangdao 066200 China
Shanhai Pass is one of the major passes on the Great Wall of China. It is located in Shanhaiguan District, Qinhuangdao, Hebei province. In 1961, the pass was selected as a National Cultural Site of China. It is a popular tourist destination at the eastern terminal point of the Ming Dynasty Great Wall.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Laolongtou (Old Dragon's Head), South of Shanhaiguan District, Shanhaiguan District, Qinhuangdao 066200 China
Found at the coastal border of modern-day Hebei and Liaoning provinces, Shanhaiguan’s name refers to its position at the meeting of mountains (shan) and sea (hai), The location where the wall meets the Bohai Sea is nicknamed "Old Dragon's Head" (Laolongtou).
Throughout Chinese history, the pass served as a frontline defensive outpost against ethnic groups from Manchuria, including the Khitan, Jurchen and the Manchus.
In 1381, the construction of the new fortress – the ‘First Pass Under Heaven’ was led by Ming general Xu Da, who was also responsible for the building of Juyongguan, Mutianyu and essentially most of what we recognise as the Great Wall of China today. For nearly three centuries, it proved vital in protecting the capital and its interests.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Great Wall at Jiaoshan, Jiaoshan Road, Qinhuangdao China
The Great Wall of China zigzags in northern China from Laolongtou (Old Dragon's Head) by Bohai Sea all the way to the desert in western China. Jiaoshan is the first mountain it climbs, so it is known as the "First Mountain of the Great Wall".
The high and precipitous Jiaoshan Great Wall was first constructed in the early Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), with a history of over 600 years. It is located about 2 miles (3 km) to the north of Shanhaiguan, and about 5 miles (8km) north of Laolongtou. Some sections have been renovated for visitors' convenience, while others are wild and genuine.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up travelers from Qinhuangdao, the bullet train station, the Qinhuangdao airport and Beidaihe airport.Airports
- Qinhuangdao Airport, Qinhuangdao China
- qinhuangdao port
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.