Qinghai Lake Day Tour
Explore Qinghai Lake, one of the largest salt-water lakes in China. Learn about this beautiful area and the Tibetan nomadic people that make this place their home. Enjoy the convenience of hotel pickup and drop-off, picnic lunch and various optional activities per your interests.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation (car)
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee (RMB$20 - RMB$30/per person)
- Pickup at hotel at 9:00am by driver and car. Drive to Qinghai Lake, also known as Lake Kokonor. Visit the largest salt-water lake in China and a sacred historical place for Tibetans. See the surrounding shores that are dotted with Tibetan nomadic family tents. Explore the highlands of the Tibetan Plateau. Take great photos from a nearby vista point. Ride on a horse or yak (own expense) for an authentic Tibetan nomad experience. Hike the Shala-Pass (own expense), if interested. Trek up to 2.3m (3700m), which usually takes 1 to 2-hours. Enjoy panoramic views of the lake.
Have lunch in a picnic area by the lake. Spend time with local Tibetan nomads and learning first-hand about life in their community.
Head back to your hotel in the early evening following the tour.
Departure Point :Your hotel in downtown Xining
Departure Time :9am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 10 years old
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.