Put Foot Fun Bus (27 July - 15 August 2019)
6 Countries, 6 Checkpoints, 6 Parties, over 9000km across Southern Africa in 19 Days! The Hassle-Free-Travel way to experience the Greatest Social Rally on the face of the Earth! Starting in the shadow of the famous Table Mountain in Cape Town, South Africa, our Fun Bus will carry you to every bucket list spot imaginable in Southern Africa! We’ll explore and spend the night at Namibia’s Fish River Canyon, then Sossusvlei; to the largest sand dunes in the world, Etosha; where the mightiest animals roam in the wild. Botswana you’ll have a life-changing night on the Makgadikgadi Salt Pans. Zambia you’ll stay on the banks of the Zambezi River, near the mighty Victoria Falls. A chance to bungee jump or even white river rafting! Then we’re off to friendly Malawi; to snorkel and swim in the “Lake of Stars”. Our final country is the tropical paradise of Mozambique; warm waves of the Indian Ocean, white beaches and palm trees.
per adult from
What's included :
- All Accommodation (Camping)
- 40x Meals as per itinerary (19 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 18 Dinners)
- National Park fees (Fish River Canyon, Sossusvlei, Etosha National Park)
- Activities: Zambezi Sunset Booze Cruise & Lake Malawi Boat Ride
- Professional guide, driver and chef
- Port pickup and drop-off (as arranged prior to arrival)
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Travel / Flights - to Start Line, and home from Finish Line.
- Visas - as / if required for South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi and Mozambique
- Travel Insurance
- Activities other than those described
- Room / Luxury Tent Accommodation Upgrades
- Etosha Night Game Drive
- Okavango Delta Flight
- White River Rafting on Zambezi River
- Bungee Jump / Bridge Swing at Victoria Falls Bridge
- Vilanculos, Mozambique Snorkeling and Island Tour
- South Africa: Day 1 to Day 2
You will be picked up from Cape Town International Airport or one of our designated pickup points and will meetup with the rest of the Crew at the Put Foot Rally registration day! Over 300 people and 150 vehicles will gather, along with the Fun Bus Crew for the official welcome, a tasty dinner and party. Everyone will be up super early the next morning, a quick breakfast and then we are off to Namibia, our destination is the ultra cool Canyon Roadhouse.
Namibia: Day 3 to Day 6
Our next stop is Sossusvlei, and our goal is to climb Dune 45, the highest sand dune in the world. We will be staying inside the national park, so any keen photographers can also check out Deadvlei at sunrise, once voted the most photographic spot in the world. On our way to Swakopmund we will stop at perhaps the most remote bakery in the world for coffee and cake! A night at a legit old school German Brauhaus where the brave can attempt an Eisbein and foot long beer! Then it is Checkpoint Day, where all 150 Put Foot Crews will come together for an epic locally flavored meal, and a huge party under African skies! Next is Etosha National Park where you'll try spot everything from rhino to lion, leopard, cheetah, giraffe, elephant and the fabled honey badger!
Botswana: Day 7 to Day 10
Our first stop in Botswana is Maun, also known as the true Wild Wild West of Southern Africa. The gateway to the Okavango Delta. You'll have the opportunity to book a flight over the Delta (the best way to see everything!). We then journey to the Makgadikgadi Salt Pans for another Checkpoint. A special night wild camping, bonfires with an awesome meal and party! Our last night will be at a super-secret location, camping at a waterhole used daily by hundreds of elephant!
Zambia: Day 11 to Day 14
We will stop in Livingstone for a few days as we take part in the Put Foot Rally charity projects, gifting thousands of young underprivileged children their first ever pair of shoes. The 1/2 way point is another Checkpoint, a locally inspired meal and a wild themed party, complete with live band! You also have the opportunity to do a wide range of activities: white river rafting, bungee jumping, heli flips over the Victoria Falls! We will stop in Lusaka and Chipata as we journey to Malawi!
Malawi: Day 15 to - Day 16
Beaches, summer weather, snorkeling and boat rides to an island are all part of the experience at Lake Malawi. Bring plenty of lumo clothing for the beach-party themed Checkpoint!
Mozambique: Day 17 to Day 20
The final stretch is via some bumpy roads to the tropical paradise town of Vilanculos. You'll take dhow ride out to an island, with a spot of snorkeling. Then we head south to the Finish Line!
*Meals and drop-offs detailed in itinerary.
Departure Point :Cape Town, South Africa
Departure Time :Mandatory Check-In at Registration Day no later than 12pm on Saturday 27 July 2019 at Ou Skip Camp, Melkbosstrand, Cape Town. (Pickups possible in Cape Town at designated spots between 8-9am) Bus Departs: 04:00am on Sunday 28 July 2019!
Return Detail :Maputo, Mozambique
*Options for drop-off in Johannesburg and Cape Town
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum Age: 12 years as of 1 July 2019.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.