* Pick up from Hotel from 7:00 to 7:45 hs
* Visit EL TORO gore ( Same route as towards the TREN to the Clouds ) stopping to take pictures.
* Stop at san atonio de los cobres for lunch (not included)
* Stop at Salinas Grandes
* We leave passengers in Purmamarca in the afternoon, and the following day we pick up from the Hotel to do the Humahuaca tour., aproximately at 10:30 11 :00 hs. (Hotel at Purmamarca is not included)
* Return to Salta between 8:00 - 8:30 pm leaving passengers at Hotel in Salta. (Hotel at Salta not included)
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees at Tilcara Pucara
- DAY 1 : After passing the town of Campo Quijano, accompanying part of the route of the branch C-14, it ascends through the Quebrada del Toro, Santa Rosa de Tastil, a small town with only one main street and five cross streets.
Above, San Antonio de los Cobres, named for being within its jurisdiction the famous Sierra del Cobre rich in this mineral.
Continuing for ex National Route Nº 40 towards the north and after one hour following the old way of the troperos, Salinas Grandes, whose origin dates from an extensive period located temporarily between 5 and 10 million years before the present. By its extension, this white and rough plain made of very clean salt, occupies the third place in the world. Descending through an amazing mountain road, and in just 34 km, the Cuesta de Lipán joins Salinas (maximum height: 4,200 meters above sea level) with Purmamarca (2,300 meters above sea level), a town that is established at the foot of Cerro Siete Colores.
DAY 2 : We look for the passengers by Purmamarca, famous for the frame of the Cerro Siete Colores, visible from its scenic streets and from the artisan market gathered around the main square. Maimará, with colorful hillsides called Paleta del Pintor. Its cemetery is also surprising, "suspended" at the top of the hill and visible from the road. Tilcara stands out for its local festivities (Carnival and Holy Week) and for its Pucará (fortified city) whose ruins have been partially reconstructed and transmit a notion of the development reached and prehispanic way of life. Further north, in Huacalera, the Tropic of Capricorn is crossed, identified with a white monolith. Uquía shows its chapel, built in the seventeenth century with the oldest altarpiece in the region, worked in laminated gold, being one of the 2 existing in Argentina decorated with oils from the Cuzco school, "Los Angeles Arcabuceros" nine in total, testimony of Peruvian colonial architecture.
Humahuaca gives name to the Quebrada and is its largest population, with cobblestone streets and iron streetlights in the corners, it is also the highest point of the route, almost 3000 meters above sea level. Main attractions: The Monument to the heroes of Independence, Cathedral Church and Municipal Building.
Then return to Salta before visiting the Church of Uquia and make a stop in Maimara for photography
Departure Point :The search is done within the city of Salta
Departure Time :We pick up passengers from the hotel in town between 7:00 to 7:45 hs.
Return Detail :Upon returning from the excursion, passengers are left at their respective hotels
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.