Pure Couleure Local in Chiang Mai
As much as Chiang Mai is developing, people tend to stay true to their heritage, traditions and cultural beliefs. When you’re interested in getting away from modern life, head with us by boat and Samlor around Chiang Mai for a view on local life.
• Cruise over the Ping River for a river view of Chiang Mai
• See how local trade remains one of the driving forces in the city
• View Thailand’s second largest city differently
• Enjoy a samlor ride from the boat pier to the market
• Blending old and traditional in a half-day tour
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A half day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- Samlor ride and boat trip during the tour
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Entry/Admission - Wat Chaimongkol
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Compulsory Christmas, country-specific festival and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wat Chaimongkol, Moo 4, Tambon Mae Na Wang, Amphoe Mae Ai, Chiang Mai, 50280, ตำบล แม่นาวาง อำเภอ แม่อาย เชียงใหม่ 50280, Thailand
Chiang Mai life from the river takes on a completely new persona once you had a taste of the city. The Rose of the North’s Mae Ping River splits the modern part with the more local side where temples, old wooden houses and local communities still thrive. We proceed straight from your hotel in downtown Chiang Mai to the Chaimongkol Docking Area of a gentle 45-minutes cruise over the Mae Ping River. Slowly navigating the river, you will see traditional wooden houses interspersed with modern residences, colourful scenery and witness the lifestyle of the local people. Life from the water will give you a different perspective on another side of Chiang Mai.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Warorot Market (Kad Luang), between Thapae Road and Chang Moi Road In the north of Nawarat Bridge and the west side of Ping River, Chiang Mai Thailand
After this refreshing start of the morning, we head by local ‘samlor’ (a local bicycle taxi) to Chiang Mai’s oldest and largest market – the Warorod Market. With our guide, we wander along with the stalls where trade still goes on like the good old days. One will not only find fruit, flowers, vegetables and spices here but plenty of other goods and perhaps you may walk into a nice souvenir. The market is a beehive of activity round the clock, whether opting for an early morning visit or preferring an afternoon peek in local trading techniques, Warorod does not disappoint.
There will be plenty to see and do at the market, but unfortunately, this half-day tour may come to an end way too soon. We head back to your hotel by air-conditioned transportation after getting a 3.5-hour taste of local life in the Rose of the North
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Chiang Mai hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Transfers are only operated within the downtown Chiang Mai areas and restricted to main hotels only. Regions outside the central business district such as Mae Rim, Hang Dong, Doi Saket, Mae Taeng and Chiang Mai International Airport are excluded and supplementary charges apply.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- The protection of the country’s flora and fauna is of immense importance for us. We will not pursue any activities for guests that are not in line with our animal, wildlife and environment protection principles.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.