Puntarenas Shore Excursion: Jungle & River Wagon Expedition
This tour consists of a journey through the rain forest, located in the Tarcolitos River canyon that is part of the 200-hectare private reserve of the Hotel Villa Lapas, crossing the river 8 times with a total distance of 3.2km in a cart drawn by a tractor at low speed, so that you can appreciate both the flora and fauna of such a special area in Costa Rica as Carara is. During the tour we make several stops for bird watching and important trees in the area as well as a stop to see the river where even customers can get off the wagon and get into the pool. Our two carts have a capacity for 24 people and lasts approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
After this great adventure, our tour will continue with a short drive to Tarcoles River where you can enjoy and boat tour on the river, see the abundant wildlife including the huge crocodiles.
On the way back to the pier, a short stop at a local souvenir is included in case you want to buy that special gift from Costa Rica.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Snacks - fruits snack
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- 1 hours boat tour in Tarcoles River
- 1 hours rain forest wagon tour
- Visit a souvenir store and restaurant
- Entry/Admission - Tarcoles Bridge
- Entry/Admission - Carara National Park
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tarcoles Bridge, Route 34, Tarcoles, Garabito Municipality Costa Rica
Tarcoles River is famous for its large population of large American Crocodiles. During our 1 hour boat tour you will experience a very close contact with these creatures and many other more like monkeys, aquatic birds, sloths, scarlet macaws and more
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Carara National Park, Highway 34, Carara Costa Rica
Carara is a national park located in the Central Pacific of Costa Rica. We will explore the rain forest from Villa Lapas Eco Resort, located just besides the national park and in a nice wagon pulled by a tractor
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Puntarenas, Puntarenas, Province of Puntarenas
Puntarenas is a port town on Costa Rica’s Gulf of Nicoya. Its Casa de la Cultura is a cultural center with a theater and art gallery. On the main boulevard, Paseo de los Turistas, Parque Marino del Pacífico includes an aquarium and rescue center with seahorses, turtles and crocodiles. The town beach, Playa Puntarenas, is backed by shops and cafes. Southeast of town, Playa Doña Ana is a beach known for strong surf.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Puntarenas Province, Punta Arenas, Costa Rica
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We will provide you a health care kit for your personal security and our transportation services will work with the 50% of the total capacity.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.