Punch Card Machine Knitting 'Live' Online Class
At the end of the class, you’ll have a collection of experimental punch card swatches which can be developed further into your design ideas for fashion, interiors and accessories.
About the Knithub 24 Experience:
- Learn 'live' and online, from the comfort of your home
- Fun and upbeat classes!
- Train with highly-qualified tutors
- Learn some amazing machine knitting techniques and ask questions directly to the tutor
- Troubleshoot any problems you've encountered
- All equipment and yarns provided and sent to your doorstep
- All class times are quoted as BST
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- A set of ‘how to’ notes will be emailed to you before the class.
What's excluded :
- You will need a domestic knitting machine, two cones of different coloured yarns (in different thicknesses – fine to chunky), claw weights, single and double point transfer tools, scissors
- You will need a ruler, set of pre punched (fair isle, tucking, slip stitch and weaving-in) cards, punch card clips, blank punch cards and a puncher.
Our Punch Card Knitting Class will teach you how to use punch cards with your knitting machine and experiment with various punch card techniques to create beautiful designs with textured patterns.
You will learn how to:
- Knit with more challenging techniques
- Set up punch cards and learn how to use the various punch card functions on the knitting machine to knit, tuck, slip, weaving-in and fair isle designs
- Experiment with pre-punched cards to create texture in your work
- Create your own freehand punch card design
Machines used: Brother Domestic Knitting Machines, Model KH836 & KH881.
Departure Point :1 Paget St, Clerkenwell, London EC1V 7PA, UK
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.