Puerto Vallarta Cooking Class: Market Tour, Lesson and Tastings
Ready to cook up (and eat) a feast of flavors? This cooking class in the home of a master chef introduces you to the cuisine of culturally rich Puerto Vallarta. Shop for produce at the local market, visit a tortilla factory and discover interesting facts about Mexico’s culinary heritage.
Our Daily Menu:
Daily you will make: Tortillas, Salsas and Guacamole
Monday: Taco Feast: Al Pastor Pork, Beef Barbacoa, Chicken and Vegan Tacos, Jalapeños en Escabeche.
Tuesday: Chocolate Mole Enchiladas, Tamales, Poblano cream soup, all from scratch
Wednesday: SeaFood Catch of the Day, 3 different Ceviches, Shrimp in Chipotle sauce, Octopus or Fish Bbq.
Thursday: Albondigas (Mexican Style meat balls), Chiles Rellenos,
Friday: Green Mole from Oaxaca, (base of Pumpkin seed and Tomatillo sauce), Pozole, Carnitas and Tamales.
Learn how to make the Best Margaritas or Tequila & Mezcal Tasting session.
Great for cruise ship passengers.
We meet across the street of the cruise ship terminal
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional chef as your host (multilingual)
- Guided tour of the market
- Full Meal, Purified Water
- Tequila and Mezcal tasting
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch - 3 courses meal
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meet Chef Enrique and get ready for a full immersion into the culture and of course the flavor behind the Mexican cuisine.
Chef Enrique will take you to Mercado Palmar De Aramara where you will learn how to elect the ingredients and also about the history and traditions behind the Mexican meals and the ingredients that compose the flavors.
After picking up all the ingredientes needed for the recipes of the day, you will get to Chef Enrique's house in Marina Vallarta neighborhood where the cooking class, the mixology class and the food tasting will take place.
All this in an authentic and warm: "Mi Casa tu Casa" atmosphere.
• Puerto Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta
• Puerto Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta
• Galerias Vallarta Shopping Mall, Francisco Medina Ascencio Avenue No. 2920 Col. Education, Puerto Vallarta Mexico
• Taco Monday: Al Pastor, Barbacoa and More - Learn how to make the marinade and to cook the best of the Mexican Tacos with fresh home made tortillas and the most delicious salsas
• Tuesday: Mexican Mole and Tamales - Grind the cacao to make the chocolate paste to be combined with the chiles and all the spices that compose the Mole "the Mexican Finest Sauce"
• Wednesday of the catch of the day and Mexican style sea food - Learn to cook Mexican style sea food and fish: ceviches, fish filet, octopus tacos, shrimp aguachiles and more.
• Thursday of Chiles rellenos and Mexican Albóndigas - Extraordinary flavors from Grandma's recipes book
• Friday: the Best from Oaxaca Green Mole, Tamales and Pozole - A true Mexican feast.
• Mexican Comfort food (open menu to discuss at meeting point) - Every Saturday we will recreate the dishes that we learned from our families and that are traditional of the Mexican homes
Departure Point :Galerias Vallarta, Av. Francisco Medina Ascencio 2920, Educación, 48338 Puerto Vallarta, Jal., Mexico
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age to drink alcohol is 21 years
- We are subject to the freshness of the produces in the market, therefore, all menus can be modified by the Chef without previous notification.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Note: Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please Let us know about Food Allergies, Food restrictions or Mobility issues
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.