Progreso Shore Excursion: Chichen Itza Day Trip
After your cruise ship docks in the Progreso port, take a shore excursion to Chichen Itza! You’ll pass through a privileged entrance at Mayaland Resort without waiting in line, and explore the Maya-Toltec city with your guide. Recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site, this archeological park includes the Pyramid of Kukulcán and Temple of the Warriors. Afterward, enjoy Mayaland’s swimming pool as well as soft drinks and a box lunch served aboard the Mercedes minivan.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Professional English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Box Lunch
- Soft drinks and while on board vehicle
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee to Chichén Itzá (payment only in pesos)
- Entry/Admission - Temple of the Warriors
- Entry/Admission - Templo de Kukulkan
- Entry/Admission - Gran Juego de Pelota
- Entry/Admission - El Caracol
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Progreso, Progreso, Yucatan Peninsula
Your experience starts as we pick you up in one of luxurious Mercedez Benz vehicles from the Progreso cruise ship port and go directly to Chichen Itza. Declared a UNESCO Heritage Site
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Temple of the Warriors, Chichen Itza 77500 Mexico
Chichen Itza is the most famous of all late Maya cities and a holy place to the Maya for centuries. The earliest buildings date from 600 A.D. and are classic Maya. Those built from the 10th Century on, include Toltec symbols, the result of a Toltec invasion in 950 A.D. This merging of Maya and Toltec architectural styles is unique to Chichen Itza.
You will be accompanied by a certified guide, who will introduce you to the secrets of the Maya through the Mayaland´s private entrance, with a cold bottle of water for your visit.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Templo de Kukulkan, Piste Yucatan, Chichen Itza 97751 Mexico
named one of the new seven wonders is one of the most important ceremonial Mayan temples
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Gran Juego de Pelota, Carretera Costera del Golfo s/n, Chichen Itza 97751 Mexico
The largest ball game court in the Mayan world.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: El Caracol, Carretera Merida Puerto Juarez, Chichen Itza 97751 Mexico
A mayan observatory
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Cruise Ship Shuttle Bus Stop, Boulevard Turístico Malecón, 97320 Progreso, Yucatan, Mexico
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Important: availability based on the cruise line itinerary.
- Please wear light, comfortable clothing & walking/hiking shoes. Bring your best camera.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Admission fee into the archaeological site is NOT included, and will be payable upon entrance. This is governed by the local municipality and our Tour providers have no control over this.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.