Prizren & Gjakova - Culture & History Tour
Gjakova and Prizren are two cities very rich in culture, heritage and history and are the most visited cities in Kosovo, offering to the visitors a unique experience. The walking and sightseeing through the beautiful streets of Gjakova, museums, old stone houses, the hypnotic vibes of historic cobblestone paved streets of the old Grand Bazaar and the general relaxed ambience of the area are cherished and appreciated by everyone who visits there. The old architecture of the city of Prizren, the castle at the top, the river that cuts through the middle, the old fountain square, the mosques, churches and Ottoman style public bath building are what make this city the pearl of Kosovo. This full day quality tour of both cities will be an unforgettable experience for the visitors.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- The tour will start from Gjakova, in front of Abdullah Pasha Dreni old House (Tourist Info point) and will continue through the Grand Bazaar. On the way we will see and visit the Shejh Emini Tekke (1730) and then continue through the Gjakova old Grand Bazaar (one of the largest monumental complexes in the region, built in the 16th century). Right at the entrance of the Bazaar we will see an old traditional stone house presenting a typical Albanian architecture of 18th century. While at Bazaar, we will stop by few artisan shops to see Albanian traditional handicrafts and then continue to visit the symbol of the city of Gjakova - Hadum Mosque, built in the 16th century, which, according to the history and legend marks the beginning of the city as the cultural, educational and religious center of this settlement. Our journey will then continue to Haraqia Restaurant for a coffee break (built in the 16th century, is included in the list of monuments of cultural heritage and before had served as a guesthouse for a long time). Next, we will visit the City Clock Tower (16th century) and the City's Ethnographic Museum (the museum is rich with different traditional Albanian collections with a stock of around 1700 items of cultural materials found in urban and rural settlements of Gjakova region during various historical periods). The last stop in Gjakova will be the St. Ndou's and St. Pal's & St. Peter's Churches (main churches in Gjakova). All places are within a walking distance from one another.
After Gjakova, the Tour continues to Prizren. On the way to Prizren we will have the opportunity to see two old beautiful bridges, "Terzi bridge and White Drin river Sacred bridge. After arriving in Prizren, we'll stop at the city's old Bazaar (built in 15th century, paved with old rocks and displaying beautiful narrow streets that come from the Ottoman and Albanian inspired architecture) and visit the Shadervan square (considered as the main point of activities where the cultural, economic and social life intersects) and the Stone Bridge (built in the 16th century in the oriental style with spherical shape). A few minutes walk from the bridge will take us to Haleveti Tekke, City Clock Tower and Gazi mehmet Hammam (Turkish bath), leading then to the Albanian League memorial complex - 1878 (converted into a museum that houses photographs, documents, objects and clothing dating from the time of the Assembly). From there, we continue the walk to Sinan Pasha Mosque (built in 1615 by Sinan Pasha), and also see the Cathedral of Our Lady of Perpetual Succour and the Prizren Castle - Fortress (believed that the Fortress dates from the 6th century). From the top of the castle you get to have a whole city view (this is optional for you to go there,as it takes around 30 min walk to climb to the Castle).
Lunch break in Gjakova prior to departure for Prizren, and a tea/coffee break while in Prizren.
Departure Point :1: Prizren
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up either in Gjakova or in Prizren, based on previous agreement between us. You can provide us with your location and we pick you up, or we agree in advance about any tour starting point in Gjakova or Prizren.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.