Privateer Schooner Sailing Tour in Salem Sound
FAME is the #1-rated boat in Salem and the #1-rated outdoor activity in the entire town, per TripAdvisor. Don't miss the very best of what Salem has to offer! There's more to our town than witches!
FAME is a full-scale replica of a privateer schooner from the War of 1812 that captured over 20 ships! We sail up to five times a day between May and October from Pickering Wharf Marina in downtown Salem.
On board our traditional gaff-rigged schooner, you'll get a chance to raise the sails and even steer the boat as we sail Salem Sound and talk about the fisherman, traders, and privateers that played such a central role in the saga of Salem, of Massachusetts, and of the young United States.
This is a great hands-on adventure for all ages — but you can also just sit back and enjoy a beverage and take it all in as we cruise past the historic forts and lighthouses of Salem, Beverly, and Marblehead.
per adult from
1 hour 45 minutes
What's included :
- Restroom on board
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Salem Maritime National Historic Site, 193 Derby St, Salem, MA 01970-5637
Our cruise will take us past the Salem Maritime Historic Site, out into Salem Harbor, and then the route depends on the wind! Whichever way we sail, you'll see historic forts and lighthouses (as many as five), and beautiful waterfront homes.
Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
Departure Point :86 Wharf St, Salem, MA 01970, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.