Private Wine Tour in Royal Region
On this tour you will visit wineries which will give you a good overview on wine-making scene of Šumadija, from the newly established Despotika winery growing few indigenous Serbian vine sorts, over to the old Royal wine cellar with historical exhibition, through the eminent Aleksandrović winery and to the young and promising family owned wine cellar.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Single-use surgical face mask if you don't have your own
What's excluded :
- Lunch 20€ per person including wine
- Wine tasting in Aleksandrovic winery 2,5€ per glass of wine
- Wine tasting in Despotika winery 5€ per person for five wine labels
- Personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - Winery Despotika
- Stop At: Winery Despotika, Vlaski do, Smederevska Palanka Serbia
Our first wine stop is the village of Vlaški Do and Despotika winery, a newly established winery with ambitious plans and an enthusiastic owner. Despotika has several wine labels made from different kinds of grapes, but one is unique – Morava, indigenous Serbian grape variety. Only few winemakers in Serbia grow Morava, so you’ll have a unique opportunity to try this white wine. Of course we won’t stop only with Morava, there are many Despotika’s wines to taste.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Rujevica, Drača bb, Drača, Serbia
From Despotika winery we have around an hour drive through breathtaking landscape of lush Sumadija until we reach our second stop. Rujevica winery is a charming household owned by local family and it is a perfect place to experience warm hospitality with great food and amazing wines. At the moment Rujevica offers only four wine labels, but all of them are superb, which you’ll have the opportunity to experience on your own together with selected food during lunch and wine tasting.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Kings Winery, Topola, Serbia
After tasty lunch we say goodbye to our hosts and we drive to town Topola which has a long history of wine production. Topola is also place where our Royal family Karađorđević nurtured their vineyards and where they created the famous Trijumf wine. The highlight of the Royal winery is the original king’s wine cellar which is in excellent condition, so you’ll have the opportunity to see how the king made his wine some 85 year ago.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Winery Aleksandrovic, Village of Vinca, Topola 34310 Serbia
Next stop is one of the most prominent Serbian wineries from 1990s onwards, Aleksandrović winery. This is a modern, yet very traditional establishment which produces only high quality wines. Aleksandrović produces many different labels, but they are best known for their Trijumf range, including sparkling wines. After a tour trough wine cellar with a local host, you'll try some of the famous Aleksandrovic wines while enjoying amazing view over vineyards.
After the lunch the private wine tour ends and you are taken back to your hotel in Belgrade.
Duration: 1 hour
• Sumadijan welcome treat - Smoked prosciutto, rolled dried plums in bacon, white cheese and kajmak
• Roasted pork - Pork meet in domestic sause
• Chicken with bacon - Baked chicken in the oven, with bacon and hard cheese, on domestic potato. Seasonal salads and homemade bread
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If you want to be picked up from other location which isn't listed (airbnb or an apartment) please specify.We can also pick you up from Belgrade port where cruiser boats dock.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- In case you are a single traveler, lunch will be in a local restaurant
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Legal age for alcohol consumption in Serbia is 18.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Coronavirus measures expected from the travelers side: 1) Travelers are expected to wear face cover in vehicles/closed space and to maintain social distancing rules on sites. 2) If you develop any respiratory infection symptoms before, during or after the tour, please let us know
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.