Private Walking Tour:Visit the Ancient Agora - Taste the Modern Agora
After your pick-up from your hotel, we are heading towards Monastiraki square, a can’t-miss spot of the city of Athens.We cross the Monastiraki square and we get closer to the Ancient Agora of Athens, which was the heart of ancient Athens.Today it’s one of the city's most important archeological sites. Not only you will get to see the most well preserved classic temple, dedicated to Volcan, but you will have the chance to step in a Stoa or portico, that houses the findings of the site today.
Later on, we come back to Monastiraki square and through Mitropoleos street, we are going to have a taste in the most “trendy” Agora of Athens, ERGON House. Here, we are going to explore a modern market with food products of small, independent, honest, food artisans. This is the right place to promote Greek gastronomy and this is the right place to taste the authentic Greek cuisine Our tour will finish at around 13:00 and your professional guide will accompany you to your location.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up from your centrally located hotel by your private English speaking professional guide
- Drop-off to your centrally located hotel by your private English speaking professional guide
- English speaking professional guide
- Skip-the–line Services
- Entrance Fees at the Ancient Agora
- Snacks - Taste a selection of Greek specialties
- Alcoholic Beverages - Drink Greek quality wine at ERGON House with delicacies.
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Agora of Athens
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Hephaestus
- Entry/Admission - Stoa of Attalos
- Entry/Admission - ERGON House Athens
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Monastiraki, Athens Greece
Monastiraki square, is a can’t-miss spot of the city of Athens, from ancient rivers and huge libraries to thousand-year-old churches and cursed mosques
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Ancient Agora of Athens, Adrianou 24, Athens 105 55 Greece
Ancient Agora of Athens, in the shadow of Acropolis or the Athenian Forum if you may, was the heart of ancient Athens, the focus of political, commercial, administrative and social activity, the religious and cultural center, and the seat of justice.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Temple of Hephaestus, 24 Adrianou St. Ancient Agora of Athens, Athens 105 55 Greece
You will get to see the most well preserved classic temple, dedicated to Volcan
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Stoa of Attalos, Adrianou St. 24, Athens Greece
You will have the chance to step in a Stoa or portico, that houses the findings of the site today. This Stoa of Attalos is reconstructed back in the 50s and its one of the most fascinating buildings-museums in the city!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Metropolitan Cathedral of Athens, Mitropoleos Square, Athens 999 20 Greece
The Metropolitan Cathedral of the Annunciation popularly known as the "Mētrópolis", is the cathedral church of the Archbishopric of Athens and all Greece.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: ERGON House Athens, 23, Mitropoleos Street, Athina 105 57, Greece
Here, we are going to explore a modern market with food products of small, independent, honest, food artisans. Those local artisans who choose to remain true to their tradition and craft real food products following history-tested processes. This is the right place to promote Greek gastronomy and this is the right place to taste the authentic Greek cuisine.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Including private pick up and drop off service from/to the hotels in Athens city center, by OurGuide.Also,Pick up and Drop off service by luxury car(1-2) or mini van (3-6) from / to any hotel inAthens with an additional cost....Ports
- Piraeus port, Pireas 185 38, Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.