Private Walking Tour of Saigon with Food Tasting
Just a stone’s throw away from the hustle and bustle downtown Saigon is the world of alleys where the real life of Saigonese reveals. Our authentic walking tour will lead you through these hidden mazes where you will see how locals live. Come and join us to explore the backyard of this city through its hidden alleys and immerse yourself from a truly local experience!
Be a Saigonese for half a day (the magic wears off before midnight)!
Experience Saigon’s nightlife like a local.
Have a surprise 3-hour walking around Saigon’s alleyways to reach hidden places frequented by local patrons.
Enjoy sightseeing Saigon and sampling delicious street foods (snack, dinner & dessert).
See nighttime Saigon at its best from one of the riverside viewing spots.
Capture the most incredible photos of the surrounding scenery.
Enjoy panoramic views of Ho Chi Minh City at Saigon Skydeck.
per adult from
What's included :
- Food tasting: two light snacks, one main dish (Noodle soup of choice: pho, hu tieu or bun)
- Drink (soft-drink or bottled water)
- One dessert
- Transport by car back to District 1
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips/ gratuities for local guide, insurance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh City
You will be greeted at the Fine Arts Museum, the main entrance.
The tour starts through busy streets in downtown areas. You will be introduced with stories of the then-and-now Saigon while we pass by modern and old houses, local markets, pagodas, hidden cafes, street food vendor and shrines.
Our first stop is the Fine Arts Museum (outside), a masterpiece of Sino-French architecture and once the mansion of one of the wealthiest man of Saigon in the old days. Our steps continue to the street dubbed as “mini-Chinatown” to visit a small Pagoda of the Chinese Hokkien community. The Chinese community, along with the majority Vietnamese as well as Khmer, Cham, Indian and European people all left their footprints and made a culture-diverse modern Saigon.
The journey goes on into the chaotic-yet-lovely of Saigon alleys. From now on, you will be experiencing the real local life, with street vendors roaming, bikers riding just next to you and open-space living room in a very up-close distance. Our guide will show you how urban people live, how they make their lives with small businesses at home and get lost in the endless maze of small alleys and dead-ends. Expect to see beauty salons, coffee shops, grocery stores or family living scenes as you pass by houses along the roads.
We will also pass through countless street-food stalls where you can get a taste of local delicacies that can’t be found in upmarket restaurants or touristy areas. Feel free to ask your guide to stop at any places that you feel interested.
The walk concludes with a stop at local noodle shops for a local dinner. Visit one of the oldest churches in town. After that, we will drop you off at the ultra-modern Saigon Skydeck to enjoy 360-degree views of Ho Chi Minh City at night around 7:30 PM.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Hồ Chí Minh City Museum of Fine Arts, 97A Phó Đức Chính, Phường Nguyễn Thái Bình, Quận 1, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
Departure Time :4:30 PM
Return Detail :District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.