Private Walking Tour of Alba Iulia Citadel with Wine Tasting
This tour is the best opportunity to visit spectacular Alba Iulia Citadel and to complete it with a tour and wine tasting at citadel cellar: Vinoteca Hugo.
The Alba Iulia bastion fortification is the largest fortress in Romania, which has been standing for more than 300 years. Is the place where you can travel over two millennia back in time, strolling, among vestiges of three fortifications, dating back to as many different epochs. In other words, every fortress built here has embraced a previous one: the Roman castrum, the medieval fortress and the Alba Carolina Citadel.
For more than 70 years, the Catacombs of the Citadel, hosts a wine cellar with a collection of over 5,000 wine bottles, produced between 1952-1972. For several decades, visits to the citadel cellar were restricted.The cellar was renovated in 2018, and was open to visitors. Now you can take a tour in this spectacular cellar and taste the wines from collection, that includes over 12,000 bottles of premium wines.
per adult from
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - Wine tasting includes: sparkling classic method, white wine, rose wine and red wine produced from Romanian grape, croutons, walnuts and water.
- Snacks - Wine tasting includes: croutons, walnuts.
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Citadel of Alba Iulia
What's excluded :
- Stop At: Citadel of Alba Iulia, Calea Motilor, nr. 5A, Alba Iulia 510134 Romania
You will visit The Alba Iulia bastion fortification - the largest fortress in Romania with thousands of years of history. You will visit 25 tourist attractions. including: elements of defense (bastions, city gates, ravelins and defense ditches), Principia (Command of the XIII Roman Legion Gemina), Via Principalis (a part of old roman fortress), Prince Palace, Romano-Catholic Cathedral, Union Museum and Union Hall, Coronation Cathedral, Centenary Monument.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Vinoteca HUGO, Bastionul Trinitarienilor Aleea Sfantul Eugeniu, Alba Iulia 510012 Romania
After citadel visit you will have a premium wine tasting, at citadel old cellar - Vinoteca Hugo, with oenologist who has over 16 years of experience in winemaking. After the cellar tour, we will taste 4 wines produced in Romania (classic sparkling wine, white wine, rose and red).
Duration: 2 hours
• Sparkling wine classic method Domeniile Panciu Brut
• White wine Feteasca Regala Villa Vinea
• Rose wine Corcova
• Red wine Lacerta Winery Feteasca Neagra
Departure Point :Cetate, Strada Unirii 3, Alba Iulia 510009, Romania
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.