Private Walking Tour In Colaba, Mumbai
On this walking tour explore Colaba, a lively neighbourhood in the south of Mumbai. Start the tour from the iconic Gateway of India and spend some time on the seaside promenade which gives a spectacular view of the facade of the Taj Mahal Hotel. Then walk past some of the major landmarks of Mumbai that are a mixture of Indo-Saracenic and British colonial styles of architecture.
• Gateway of India
• Taj Mahal Hotel
• Prince of Wales Museum
• Flora Fountain
• Victoria Terminus, a UNESCO World Heritage site
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Food or drink (unless specified)
- Entry/Admission - Jehangir Art Gallery
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gateway of India, Apollo Bandar, Colaba, Mumbai 400001 India
You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to the Gateway of India, from where the walking tour starts. The magnificent 85 feet high gateway overlooks the Arabian Sea. It was built in 1924 and was used as the ceremonial entrance for the British Viceroys of India.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Taj Mahal Tower Mumbai, Apollo Bandar, Colaba, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001, India
On the other side of the street is the beautiful facade of the Taj Mahal Hotel, an iconic landmark of Mumbai. The hotel has hosted many notable guests from presidents to captains of industry and movie stars. The area around the hotel has some high end boutiques. Continue your walk down Colaba Causeway to Regal Theater. Built in 1933, the theater was designed by Charles Stevens and the interior by the Czech artist, Karl Schara.
Pass By: Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya, 159-161, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Lion Gate, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400023, India
Next walk over to the 20th century building of the Prince of Wales Museum. The museum is a blend of Indo-Saracenic and Mughal, Maratha and Jain styles of architecture.
Pass By: Elphinstone College, 156 Mahatma Gandhi Road, Mumbai 400001 India
Opposite the museum is the 19th century building of Elphinstone College, one of the oldest colleges of Mumbai that has a very distinguished list of alumni. The majestic building is built on the Gothic-Victorian style complete with balconies, balustrades, gargoyles and turrets. Up the road lie a few more historical buildings.
Pass By: Kolivery Village, University of Mumbai,Vidya Nagari, Kalina, Santacruz East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400098, India
You will go past the building of the University of Mumbai that was established in 1857.
Pass By: Flora Fountain, MG Rd at Veer Nariman Rd, Mumbai India
Continue your walk on the Mile Long Road and reach Flora Fountain, a beautifully sculpted heritage monument crowned by the Roman Goddess Flora.
Pass By: Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, DN Road Mumbai CST Area, Mumbai 400001 India
Next on the itinerary is Victoria Terminus, a UNESCO World Heritage site. It was built in 1887 to commemorate the Golden Jubilee of Queen Victoria.
Stop At: Jehangir Art Gallery, M.G. Road Kala Ghoda, Mumbai 400023 India
At the end of the walk take a short taxi ride to a quaint little cafe near Jehangir Art Gallery. You may take some refreshments (own expense) there before ending the tour.
Afterwards you will be dropped back at your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Mumbai Airport, Maharashtra 400099, Mumbai India
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen and hats are highly recommended.
- Prince of Wales Museum remains closed on Mondays.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.