Private Visit to the old Mines and trains of Pulacayo
Pulacayo is located 20 km from Uyuni, here are the first locomotives that entered Bolivia in 1980, joining Antofagasta - Uyuni - Pulacayo - Huanchaca.
Today it is a small town that remains as an open museum, where we can find the first locomotives that arrived in the country, being silent witnesses of one of the most important places of the country at the time, by the mining movement, the mines that We can find are very old that at present are not being exploited.
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup (Uyuni Hotels only)
- Private tour
- Wine complementary
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (LUNA SALADA HOTEL extra US$ 30)
- Travel Insurrance
- Entry/Admission - Pueblo Pulacayo
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Uyuni, Uyuni, Potosi Department
Our tour begins with pick up from your preferred place, to take the road to Pulacayo located 10 km from Uyuni, in a comfortable private transport with air conditioning, accompanied by your professional English or Spanish speaking guide (according to your requirement).
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Pueblo Pulacayo, Potosi 591 Bolivia
On the way we can find llamas, and observe very beautiful Andean landscapes, we arrive to the Mirador from where we can observe and take photographs of Salar de Uyuni and the town of Uyuni.
We continue with our tour and when we arrive to the historic town of Pulacayo, we head for a short walk to the open Museum of ancient trains that were the first to arrive in Bolivia.
Six locomotives are manufactured exclusively for this section, two English and four American.
After enjoying a little snacks, we continue the walk to visit the old streets that were built at that time in a German and English style, because those who ran the company at the time were foreign, that is why of the touches in the construction Of the houses that nowadays are silent witnesses of how important the place was at that time.
After enjoying a hot tea, we embark to our private mobility to return to Uyuni.
The tour ends at your preferred place.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all travelers from Uyuni Hotels/ hostels or airport.Airports
- Uyuni Joya Andina Airport, Uyuni Bolivia
- Joya Andina Airport, Ciudad de Uyuni, Bolivia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.