Private Visit to Madaba and Mount Nebo with Amman Panoramic
Explore Madaba, Mount Nebo, and Amman all in one fascinating private trip. With a knowledgeable private driver, travel by air-conditioned vehicle to Madaba to see the Madaba Mosaic Map, a 6th-century church floor mosaic depicting the Holy Land, and other regions in rich detail found in Saint George Orthodox Church; besides other mosaics at Madaba’s Archeological Park, as well as visit Saint John Church with its Bell Tower. Then, admire the sweeping views and beautiful church mosaics of Mount Nebo, where Moses is believed to have been shown the Holy Land as his last stop. Finish with a panoramic tour of Amman’s top attractions including the Citadel viewpoint, the downtown souks, and views of the city's mosques, churches, and historical Jabal Al-Webdeih and Jabal Amman ancient quarters, besides proceeding to the new modern part of Amman’s capital.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private Transfer by air-conditioned leisure new vehicle according number of participants
- English-Speaking Driver
- Entrance Fees to Madaba Saint George Church, The Archaeological Museum, Mount Nebo
- Local English-Speaking Guide: Madaba
- On board WI-FI
- Entry/Admission - The Church of Saint George
- Entry/Admission - Madaba Archaeological Park
- Entry/Admission - Mount Nebo
What's excluded :
- All type of meals, unless option with lunch selected (Vegetarian meal by request)
- All type of beverages
- All type of gratuities (Tips to the Driver) – Recommended
- Personal Expenses
- Anything else not mentioned
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Madaba, Madaba, Madaba Governorate
Depart your Amman hotel by a private leisure air-conditioned vehicle with English-Speaking Driver who doubles up as your guide, and set off on your private tour, traveling to Madaba the city of mosaics.
Stop At: The Church of Saint George, K. Talal St., Madaba 17110 Jordan
Arrive at Saint George’s Church, the 19th-century basilica in the heart of the town. This famous church houses the Madaba Mosaic Map, an intricately detailed floor mosaic of the Holy Land believed to have been created in the 6th century A.D. Admire the church interior and marvel at the stunning floor map, with its evocative depictions of ancient Jerusalem, Jericho, and lands including the Lebanon, Sinai, and Egypt as your guide explains how it was unearthed in 1897.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Madaba Archaeological Park, Hussein bin Ali Street, Madaba 17110 Jordan
Proceed to the open-air museum known as the Archaeological Park, which houses a collection of ruins and mosaics like the Church of Virgin Mary and other floor house mosaics. Visit the historic Catholic Church of Saint John the Baptist, with its beautiful Bell Tower for a breath-taking view of Madaba. Visit its underground museum memorial of Saint John the Baptist.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mount Nebo, Madaba Jordan
Continue to Mount Nebo, the hill where Moses is believed to have gazed out over the Holy Land. Absorb the sweeping views over the Dead Sea and Jordan Valley, and visit the Byzantine Church on the summit to see its fabled mosaics. Behold the luminous pieces of early art and their vivid recreations of animals, people, and hunting wine making scenes in this beautiful Franciscan Monastery. Free time to explore a mosaic workshop, if interested.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Amman, Amman, Amman Governorate
After this interesting visit, return to the capital of Amman, for a panoramic tour of the city’s highlights. Drive around the city and the downtown area past the animated markets, churches, and mosques like King Abdullah’s Mosque.
Pass By: Roman Amphitheater, Al-Hashemi St., Amman Jordan
Start by discovering the Roman, Byzantine, and Islamic-era ruins of Amman Citadel for a view point. Gaze in awe at the Roman Amphitheater, carved into a hillside in the 2nd century B.C. and the most important remnant of Amman’s predecessor, the Roman white city of Philadelphia. Free time at leisure in Amman downtown area for souvenir shopping in the local gold and spice markets. Pass by King Hussein’s Palace, where the late, revered king is laid to rest. Your tour then concludes by strolling along “Jabal Al-Webdeih” and “Jabal Amman” Quarters, the Rainbow Street, Amman’s colorful arts and shopping hotspot. Delve into the upscale neighborhoods of “Abdoun” and “Swefieh”, where luxury shopping malls and swanky private villas line the streets. After passing thru the modern Amman drive back to your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off by request.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Order of visits may change for day tours with more than one visit as long as all sites completed.
- Contact your local operator (phone number, emergency mobile number, or email address) a day before to reconfirm pick-up arrangements provided in your voucher.
- Clients are advised to bring hats, sun screen, and comfortable walking shoes.
- Tour activity is provided in English. For other languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German) by request.
- Mobile SIM cards including Wi-Fi are available with assistance of our team upon request and can be subject to a small additional charge approximately: 20 USD. (Prices subject to change by the communication company).
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level.
- Most local tourist restaurants in Jordan do not serve alcohol, if you do not want a dry restaurant please contact us.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.