Private Versailles Half Day Trip: Palace and Gardens
A private half day trip to to discover Versailles with a private professional guide. An exclusive experience to visit the Palace, the gardens with Priority admissions.
Discover the most important symbol of french Monarchy. Experience a guided tour of the magnificent Hall of Mirrors and the Royal Apartments. Explore the Gardens, designed by André Le Nôtre in the footsteps of the King Louis XIV and the Queen Marie-Antoinette.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Accredited Professional Guide
- Gardens access all the time - even during specific events.
- Pick up and drop off from your accommodation / hotels in Paris
- Private Tour - Exclusive Services
- Private transportation
- VIP Skip-the-Line access & Priority admission.
- Entry/Admission - Palace of Versailles
- Entry/Admission - The Royal Chapel
- Entry/Admission - The Royal Opera (L'Opera Royal)
- Entry/Admission - Le Jardin de Versailles
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palace of Versailles, Place d'Armes, 78000, Versailles France
The Palace of Versailles, or in french "Château de Versailles", is one of the largest castles in the world. A World Heritage listed, the Palace of Versailles is one of the finest achievements of French art in the seventeenth century. The former hunting lodge of Louis XIII was transformed and expanded by his son Louis XIV who installed his court and his government in 1682. Until the French Revolution, kings have succeeded, embellishing each the Castle. This royal jewel is definitely a must-see French landmark.
Venture in the Palace, discover its spectacular architecture, and its splendid rooms like the King and Queen’s apartments, many livings room with its stories and the breath taking Mirror Hall design to impress visitors with its three hundred and fifty seven mirrors, its marble and bronze decorations and its gilded bronze sculptures. The visit ends with an introduction to Versailles Gardens.
Thanks to skip the line access, the guide invites you to discover the Royal Apartments.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: The Royal Chapel, Inside the Chateau Chateau de Versailles, 78000, Versailles France
Construction of the Royal Chapel was completed in 1710 at the end of the reign of Louis XIV. It was the fifth – and final – chapel built in the Palace since the reign of Louis XIII. The design was presented to the king by Jules Hardouin-Mansart in 1699. Unfortunately, the First Architect to the King died in 1708 before the end of the works, which were finished by his brother-in-law, Robert de Cotte.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: The Royal Opera (L'Opera Royal), Place d'Armes Château de Versailles, 78000, Versailles France
The Royal Opera is one of the greatest works by the architect Ange-Jacques Gabriel. Inaugurated in 1770 during the reign of Louis XV, it was at the time the largest concert hall in Europe, and was also a great technical achievement and an impressive feat of decorative refinement. A theater for monarchic and then republican life, it has hosted celebrations, shows and parliamentary debates.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Le Jardin de Versailles, Place D'armes A l'Ouest du Château de Versailles, 78000, Versailles France
Our expert tour guide will enable you to see the best part of the Gardens.
In 1661, Louis XIV charged André Le Nôtre to create the gardens of Versailles. The creation of gardens requires a gigantic work about forty years: leveling spaces, landscaping garden beds, creation of ponds and the Canal. Louis XIV considered gardens as
important as the castle. André Le Nôtre created an ultimate French Style garden: a terrace with a global view of the gardens, a geometric organization of the axes, ponds, flowerbeds, groves. The garden is designed like a building, a walk playing on the perspectives. Charles Le Brun drew a large number of statues and fountains. The 221 sculptures make Versailles as the world's largest open-air museum of sculptures. Fountains and groves adorn the gardens. The groves regularly hosted the King's walk and the entertainment of the court. Appreciate a stroll trough the Le Nôtre's gardens.
Each summer, Versailles offers superb entertainment in the gardens to give visitors the experience of the magnificence of the celebrations in the garden at the time of Louis XIV.
Your guide will offer you a visit to the musical gardens (Tuesday from June to October) and the musical fountains show (Saturdays and Sundays from April to October).
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickups begins approximately 15-30 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Specific demand, just let us know - we will do our best
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Hand sanitizers available at each critical point. Protective mask provided to all guests and the team Limit physical interactions and safety distance Signing of the Caring Attitude Charter
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.