Private Vatican In Depth 5-Hour Tour - Skip The Line
Wether it’s your first time visiting the smallest country in the world or the 7th, there’s always so much more to see, and learn.
Private Extended Tour of the
Vatican City and you will get the chance to see the impressive works of
Caravaggio and many more, but you will also get access to the Papal Apartments of the Borgia Family and the infamous Pope Julius II.
Soak in the beauty of the
Sistine Chapel at your own pace and explore every nook and cranny in the awe inspiring
Last but not least, we will go below the Basilica to visit the Tombs of Past Popes with a closer glimpse into the sacred
Tomb and Crypt of St. Peter.
Private 5 hour Vatican City Tour is a guaranteed immersive experience in the heart of Catholicism.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Live commentary on board
- Professional Tour Guide
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees - Payable to the guide on the day of the tour
- €21 / Adult
- €12 / Child under 18 years (with valid ID) OR Student under 26 years (with valid student ID)
- Headsets - Compulsory after 5 people (rental fee of €3/person)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
The Vatican Museums are the largest collection in the world so it is important to leave ample time to explore them
We first enter into the Picture Gallery which holds great works of Raffaele, Caravaggio, Bernini and many more.
We then begin to go through the many galleries and courtyards visiting impressive statues such as the Belvedere Torso and Laocoon.
We pass through the Gallery of the Maps, Tapestries, Candelabra, multiple Rooms of Raffaele. We will also visit the Old Papal Apartments and Borgia Apartments.
Duration: 2 hours 20 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
In the Sistine Chapel we will examine Michelangelo's frescoes with his alter wall; The Last Judgment. From top to bottom we will cover all areas in depth. We will also look at the ceiling which holds one of the most import works of art in the western world, the 'Creation of Man', also done by Michelagelo's masterful hand.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
We will also cover St. Peter's Basilica in depth visiting the many alters throughout the church, Michelangelo's Pieta and Bernini's Baldacchino.
Your guide will also bring you below the church to see many tombs of past Popes including a gimps of the tomb of St. Peter.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: St. Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
The tour will finish in St. Peter's Square where the guide will talk about the purpose of the square, the Ancient Egyptian obelisk in the center, as well as the many saints and martyrs who welcome us into the piazza.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Via Tunisi, 4, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- St Peter's Basilica is a holy place of worship and does not follow the same rules as the Vatican Museums. The Basilica is subject to close with little to no notice due to religious events. In this case the tour will conclude in the Sistine Chapel.
- All youth / students aged 18-25 years must present a valid photo student ID and document with date of birth. Students below the age of 18 will only be asked to show proof of age. If you do not arrive with the proper documents, the Vatican will not honour the reservation and a new full price ticket must be purchased.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.