Private Vatican Guided Tour with Skip-the-Line Ticket St Peter & Sistine Chapel
This three hour private tour allows you to see the very best of the Vatican City in three hours, accompanied by an expert guide. With reserved tickets there’ll be no need to waste time in queues before you visit the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, Saint Peter’s Basilica and more! During the tour, your private guide will tell you more about the history of these celebrated religious sites and talk about some of the treasures which can be found inside.
per adult from
What's included :
- skip the line ticket
- private guide
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Your guide will meet you at the outside the Vatican Museums’ entrance and with reserved tickets your tour will start straight away; visiting the Belvedere Courtyard, the Pio-Clementino Museum and the magnificent collection of Ancient Roman and Greek Statues.
Your tour will continue through the Gallery of Tapestries and the Gallery of Maps, home to one of the most important collections of Renaissance maps on the planet. In the Sobiesky Room you will see on of the Vatican’s biggest painting in and witness the incredible frescoes which adorn the room of the Immaculate Conception.
Raphael’s Rooms are definitely a captivating place to visit. Decorated for Pope Julius II, they display some of Raphael’s greatest masterpieces; the Parnassus and The School of Athens.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Before entering the Sistine Chapel (no talking is allowed inside) you will hear from your guide about the ornate frescoes by Michelangelo, Botticelli and others that decorate the walls and ceilings inside. Your guide will also provide fascinating anecdotes about this historic chapel which is still used today - famously as the venue for Conclave, the papal election.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
The tour will then progress to Saint Peter’s Basilica where you’ll see Michelangelo's Pietà and Bernini’s Baldacchino, as well as many other masterpieces celebrating the lives of Popes and Saints. The tour will end in Saint Peter’s Square where you can see the papal palace and catch a glimpse of the colourful Swiss Guards.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Viale Vaticano, Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.