Private trip to Kegeti gorge (trekking to Kol-Tor Lake)
For avid hikers, the long but rewarding hike to the famous Kol Tor Lake at Kegety Gorge is an excellent opportunity if you're visiting Kyrgyzystan. Fascinating panoramic views, pure air, interesting and challenging trekking route with your professional guide are what await you if you book this 1 day tour.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- Guide services
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kegeti, Kegeti, Chuy Province
The gorge itself is beautiful: half of it is covered with mixed coniferous and deciduous forests, in which there are many birches, mountain ashes, pines and larch trees. Each side gorge has a forest. The main gorge has 2 large beautiful waterfalls. The first of them, 42 m high, is close to the beginning of the gorge. The second one, which is 36 m high, is nearer to the end of the gorge. Its flow often splits into two and falls to the ground in two streams. There are many side gorges, almost every one of them is of interest to tourists.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Kol-Tor Lake, Kegeta Gorge, 722500 Kyrgyzstan
For avid hikers, the long but rewarding hike to Kol Tor Lake at Kegety Gorge is an excellent addition if you're visiting Kyrgyzystan.
We begin the day with a drive of 90km (approximately 1.5 hours) from Bishkek to Kegety Gorge, part of the Kyrgyz Ala Too Mountain Range and considered one of Silk Road's most beautiful due to the numerous streams, alpine meadlows and forests within the area.
Upon arrival, you will begin trekking approximately 7.5km (3-4 hours) to Kol Tor Lake, ascending an elevation of 900 metres. The trek reveals the picturesque valley with a view of Kol Tor Lake, with its turquoise glacial features standing out between lush green meadows of coniferous forest, disturbed only by occasional herd of cows.
After enjoying a light snack, you may make the trip downwards which will take approximately 2 hours for 7.5km. You will then be driven back.
Please remember to take hat and good trekking boots. Other useful things which you may want to bring are windbreaker, walking sticks, water flask, sunglasses, photo camera, sun screen for 30 SPF or higher.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Once you purchase the tour, please inform us about your pick up location.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.