Private Transfer: Taormina to Syracuse with sightseeing options
Travel in comfort from Taormina to Syracuse on a private transfer that includes sightseeing stops along the way at UNESCO-listed heritage sites. Please select a tour option and choose if enjoy the visit to Etna Mount (South side of Volcano) OR to Ragusa Ibla, Modica and Noto, two Baroque towns in Val di Noto. Visit to the sites is independent.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- English speaking Driver
- Fuel surcharge
- Independent Sightseeing
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Licensed local guide
- Admission Fees
- Meet your English speaking driver in the morning at your Taormina hotel, then take a seat in your private vehicle and relax as you travel in the knowledge that your driver will ensure you to have a stress-free experience.
Along the way to Agrigento stop for independent sightseeing at famous UNESCO-listed sites. Free time for strolling around and for lunch (own expense). At the end of the tour the Driver will lead you to your hotel in Syracuse.
Please select a tour option: Etna Mount stop OR Ragusa Ibla, Modica and Noto stops
Etna Mount stop - Option A:
After 1 hour driving start to climb by car Mount Etna through a winding curvy road surrounded by chestnut and oak forests. Admire the South side of this Natural Park, and stop at 2002 lava flow and Piano Provenzana ( 1800 meters a.s.l.). Free time to visit Silvester Craters and have lunch (own expense).
Chance to reach the Summit Craters by cable car and mini-coach WD4X4: tickets not included to buy on the spot (min. Euro 30,00 per person).
Afterward, meet again the Driver and descend the Volcano to arrive at Taormina in approx. 1 hour driving.
Ragusa Ibla, Modica and Noto stops - Option B:
Drive approx. 2 hours and half to reach these three towns that are symbol of Late Baroque in Sicily and belongs to the UNESCO Heritage. Almost completely destroyed by the 1693 Sicilian earthquake, they were rebuilt in Baroque style. Palaces and churches have facades and balconies skillfully decorated by grinning masks, lion heads, putti and other embellishments.
Your first stop is the fascinating Ragusa Ibla: the sight of the jumble of houses, churches and civic palazzi piled on top of each other, clinging to the walls of the gorge, is really quite breathtaking. Modica is divided into two parts connected by numerous flights of steps. Buildings rise from the bottom of the gorge seemingly stacked one on top of the other. The town is famous for a 400 year tradition of chocolate-making. Noto is characterized by the honey tonality of tufa stone and houses the famous Cathedral, dedicated to Saint Nicholas. Free time to stroll around and lunch (own expense). A short drive will lead you to Syracuse.
Departure Point :
Please advise you accommodation to arrange pick-up service
OtherTaormina, Taormina, Province of Messina, Sicily
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :96100 Syracuse, Province of Syracuse, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- 1 luggage and 1 hand-luggage per person are allowed on this tour
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer; please advise at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.