Private tours from Malaga to Mijas and Ojen for up to 8 persons
Why not take a private Malaga to Mijas and Ojen Pueblos. These are the jewels of the Costa Del Sol, the beautiful little villages of Mijas and Ojen, which nestle comfortably up in the mountainsides above the coast. This is a superb choice for any day trip.
We head through the mountains to the Moorish village of Ojen, where we experience the beauty of the village, visiting the small karst caves and the olive oil museum. After free time to enjoy a glass of wine or Tapas in this peaceful village, we make our way to Mijas.
On arriving, we will take an exclusive private private electric Tuk Tuk tour around the village, passing through the narrow cobbled streets, enjoying some spectacular views , and finding out why Mijas is such a wonderful place. You will be amazed at the stunning atmosphere and beauty of these villages.
You can even take a ride through Mijas village with one of the famous Donkey taxi,s! (not included)
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transportation excusively for your group
- Private Mercedes Minivan from Malaga and Malaga cruise port
- Private Tuk Tuk tour in Mijas for 45-minutes tour
- Pick up from your accomodation in Malaga and Malaga cruise port
- Visit of both Mijas and Ojen pueblos
- Free time in Mijas and Ojen
- Start time can be flexible
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plaza de Toros de Mijas, Calle de la Cuesta de la Villa 0, 29650, Mijas Spain
Private tour of the White Andalusian villages of Mijas and Ojen / /
The enchanting village of Mijas is situated in the lowlands of the Sierra de Mijas mountain range and is surrounded by pine forest.
The village nestles in the mountainside at 428 meters above sea level and has a population of 7,500. The nearest main town is the Spanish sea-side resort Fuengirola (8km), Malaga airport is 25 minutes by car. Mijas has managed to retain much of its "white village" charm, with cobbled, narrow winding streets, dazzling whitewashed walls and breathtaking views.
A settlement is known to have existed in Mijas for many centuries. This has been confirmed by archaeological findings near the 'Iglesia de la Inmaculada Concepcion'. This church in the village was completed in the early 18th century and covers the ruins of a Moorish castle that stood from the 8th until the late 15th century. Prior to this the Romans used Mijas, known then as ‘Tamisa’ or ‘Jamisa’ as an important commercial and trading centre as it was close to the road linking Malaga and Cadiz.
Hidden away in a corner of the village, overlooking the wonderful valley leading to the coast, is the hermitage of the ‘Virgen de la Peña’. Built into a rocky outcrop by Mercedarian monks in 1520. Inside is the image of the ‘Virgen de la Peña’, the patron Saint of the village. According to the legend, she appeared on this spot on the 2nd of June 1586 to two young shepherds that had been led there by a pigeon. Subsequently an image of the Virgin was found concealed in a recess in the tower where it had been hidden for 500 years. In 1656 work started on the sanctuary cave, which is nowadays always decorated with flowers and pictures as offerings.
In Mijas Pueblo, the village, we’ll find small typical Andalusian houses, whitewashed and situated on the hillside. Mijas is a village that will provide endless pleasant experiences for our senses, for our sight as well as for our taste, as we’ll enjoy it’s excellent typical gastronomy.
Ojén is just 5 miles north of Marbella and in my opinion one of the most beautiful of the original white villages of Andalusia. It sits within the Sierra de Las Nieves Nature Park and is a rustic Mediterranean paradise for those who want a break in the south of Spain yet away from the crowds (and Ferrari's) of the Costa Del Sol.
The town still has the feel of the old Andalusía with its whitewashed walls and fantastic views of the mountains and valleys that lead down to the sea from its altitude of 650ft, with an approximate population of 2000 Ojén has managed to remain unspoiled in spite of it being so close to the Costa Del Sol.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All hotels and accommodation in Malaga city, and Malaga cruise port If you are staying outside of Malaga city, an additional charge may apply. Starting time can be flexible to suit your needs.Airports
- Malaga Airport, Malaga Spain
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.