Private tour Vardzia caves-Rabati castle
If you’re traveling to Georgia and want to see something really special and prominent – Vardzia is number one on your list. Spend a day trip in the southern regions of Georgia to explore the stunning cave city of Vardzia – city built completely within caves, boasting streets, churches, dining halls, gathering places, kitchens, baths and more – Vardzia was originally 13 floors carved on top of each other – within the mountain.
On the way to Vardzia, we will also make stops at the biggest castle in Georgia – Rabati in Akhaltsikhe. Built in the 9th century, it was the central fortification of the southern Georgia. It was recently rehabilitated and now it is a stunning sight to visit – with breathtaking views, interesting history and a well-kept museum with medieval artifacts.
per adult from
12 to 13 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Rabati Castle
- Entry/Admission - Vardzia
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tbilisi, Georgia
At 08:00 AM Your Driver and Guide will pickup you up from the address of your choice to start the Rabati & Vardzia Tour.
Stop At: Rabati Castle, Akhaltsikhe Georgia
Rabati Castle used to be the throne-hall for the rulers of this region. The history of it begins in the 9th Century AD. Rabati Castle covers an area of 7 Hectares and boasts 2 inner fortresses.
With the recent rehabilitation of the castle, now walking through the small streets feels like time-travel – you’ll get to relive the stories of the labyrinths, towers, churches, mosques, a synagogue, an amphitheater, the citadel, the dungeons and more.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Akhaltsikhe, Akhaltsikhe, Samtskhe-Javakheti Region
Once we’re done exploring the Rabati Fortress, we’ll head out to one of the best local restaurants to explore the Georgian cuisine.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Vardzia, Erusheti Mountain, Aspindza 383770 Georgia
Vardzia Cave city, the region of historic Meskheti. This rock-hewn city-monastery was made in the second part of the 12th century AD.
You will enjoy exploring Vardzia with a guide or on your own – getting to know it’s history and stopping at all the important attractions of the monastery. This usually takes about 2 hours in total.
Vardzia stretches over half a kilometer in width and boasts 13 floors. Located at 1300 meters from sea level, this city covers a territory of 40 000 square meters.
Since 2007 Vardzia is a UNESCO World Heritage Sight.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Tbilisi, Tbilisi
After the long and memorable trip, we will return to Tbilisi and our team will drop you off at your hotel in Tbilisi.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
we pick up from any hotel in TbilisiAirports
- Shota Rustaveli Tbilisi International Airport, Tbilisi Georgia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.