Private Tour: Transylvanian Castles and Brasov's Medieval Old Town
Discover the beauty of the Carpathian Mountains and Romania's most famous castles on this private tour. Stop at Peles Castle built by the Royal family and known for its German-Renaissance architecture. Visit Bran Castle best known as Dracula's Castle, an example of medieval architecture. Go to 13th century city of Brasov and step back in time. Spend a full-day exploring on this guided tour.
per adult from
8 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Free Wi-Fi available from hot spot while in the private car
- Fuel surcharge, parking fees
- Driver/licensed tour guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Bucharest hotels
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees, the cost for them as follows
- Peles Castle (ground floor only, 45 minutes) 30 Lei / person (discount for seniors and students available)
- Peles Castle souvenir photo (extra 35 Lei / per person)
- Bran Castle (including photo/video pass) 40 Lei / person (discount for seniors and students available)
- Entry/Admission - Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle)
- Entry/Admission - Black Church (Biserica Neagra)
- Entry/Admission - Peles Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle), Str. General Traian Mosoiu nr. 24, Bran 507025 Romania
Bran Castle is probably the most famous castle in Romania. The document first attesting its existence dates back in 1377. The castle became a favorite place for Queen Maria, who put her mark on the interior’s renovation, and it was later seized by communists in 1948 along with royals’ expulsion from Romania. For Bran Castle, being most associated with the myth of Dracula’s Castle - linked to the Bram Stoker’s novel, made it famous all over the world. After the guided tour of the castle, you will surely enjoy some little souvenirs’ shopping.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Black Church (Biserica Neagra), Curte Honterus Johannes nr. 2, Brasov 500025 Romania
Black Church is one of the most representative Lutheran Evangelical Churches of Transylvania.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Peles Castle, Str. Pelesului 2, Sinaia 106100 Romania
In Sinaia we find probably the most beautiful castle in Romania and one of the most beaufitul in Europe. The Royal family built the Peles Castle as their summer residence at the end of 19th century and it can still bring you back into the Royal atmosphere of late 19th century/early 20th century.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Council Square, Piata Sfatului, Brasov Romania
The Council Square of Brasov shall offer you the chance to enjoy a real Old Town area of one of the 7th former Saxon medieval cities of Transylvania.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: I Travel in Romania, Bucharest 061715 Romania
I Travel in Romania
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please be so kind to provide a valid phone number when you book the private tour.Airports
- Otopeni Intl Airport, Bucharest Romania
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 9 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Inside Peles Castle you shall be provided blue disposable shoe covers.
- Moderate amount of walking is necessary to reach Bran Castle which is on a hill.
- IMPORTANT NOTE about schedule of the Peles Castle
- For all year long the Peles Castle is NOT open on Mondays for the inside tour.
- During official holidays and weekends the traffic to the mountains area might be busier than usual, so the return could be later than scheduled (around 8 pm)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.