Private Tour to the Laguna de Guatavita + Salt Cathedral of Zipaquirá
You will get to know 2 fabulous places, one symbol of the legend of El Dorado and the other the first wonder of Colombia in our ALL INCLUSIVE tour.
From your place of lodging you will be transferred to the magical Laguna de Guatavita located in Sesquilé. Where accompanied by the native guide, you will walk learning about its history and importance to get to the viewpoint where you will contemplate the lagoon and exotic landscapes.
Then you will be transferred to Zipaquirá, a municipality declared historical and cultural heritage for its architecture and for keeping the history of our ancestors, where you will enjoy a typical lunch and contemplate its colonial beauty touring its historic center.
In the Cathedral of Sal you will live a unique experience, descending 180 meters underground through tunnels with stops representing Stations of the Cross you will reach the only underground temple in the world and the second most impressive place on the planet.
Note: The lagoon does NOT open on Mondays. (Or Tuesday if Monday is a holiday).
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Typical Colombian lunch
- All Fees and Taxes
- Private transportation service to and from your place of lodging in Bogotá
- Bilingual guide during the tour (Spanish - English) and audio guide within the Cathedral of Sal.
- Income to the Laguna de Guatavita and Salt Cathedral of Zipaquirá.
- Medical insurance during the tour
- Entry/Admission - Laguna de Guatavita
- Entry/Admission - Catedral de Sal de Zipaquira
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Laguna de Guatavita, Km 15, Via Guatavita-Sesquile, Tierra Negra Colombia
The tour starts from your hotel or place of lodging in Bogotá and you will be transferred to Sesquilé, a municipality located approximately 75 km northeast of Bogotá, where Laguna de Guatavita is located.
Upon arrival, you will get to know this place full of magic, symbol of the legend of the dorado and in the company of a native guide of the area you will walk for approximately 25 minutes learning about its history and importance and then arrive at a viewpoint where you can contemplate not only the lagoon but also the beautiful and exotic Colombian landscapes.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Zipaquira, Zipaquirá, Cundinamarca, Colombia
Municipality declared historical and cultural heritage of Colombia for its colonial architecture and being a place full of the history of our indigenous ancestors, where you will have the opportunity to enjoy a typical lunch and you will have the opportunity to take a short tour of its historic center.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Catedral de Sal de Zipaquira, Carrera 6 Calle 1 Parque De La Sal, Zipaquira Colombia
Upon entering the Salt Cathedral of Zipaquira you will live a unique experience, descending 180 meters underground through the tunnels with different stops representing the Stations of the Cross, you will reach the only underground temple in the world and the second most impressive place on the planet.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
El Dorado Airport in Bogotá. All hotels, houses and apartments located in Bogotá.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.