Private Tour to Samshvilde from Tbilisi (Citadel, Bridge, Church, Caves, Canyon)
Tour to Samshvilde includes visiting ruined fortified city and archaeological site in Georgia. Guest will travel through time in Kvemo Kartli region of Georgia.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Samshvilde Medieval Ruins, Samshvilde Georgia
Samshvilde (Georgian: სამშვილდე, [sɑmʃwildɛ]) is a ruined fortified city and archaeological site in Georgia, in the country's south, near the homonymous modern-day village in the Tetritsqaro Municipality, Kvemo Kartli region. The ruins of the city, mostly medieval structures, stretch for a distance of 2.5 km in length and 400 metres (1,300 ft) in width in the Khrami river valley. Some of the most recognizable monuments are the Samshvilde Sioni church and a citadel erected on a rocky river promontory.
Samshvilde features in the medieval Georgian annals as one of the oldest cities of ancient Kartli, dating back to the 3rd century BC. In the Middle Ages, it was an important stronghold as well as a lively commercial and industrial city. Samshvilde changed hands several times. At the end of the 10th century, it became capital of the Armenian kings of Tashir-Dzoraget and was incorporated in the Kingdom of Georgia in 1064.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Shota Rustaveli Tbilisi International Airport, Tbilisi Georgia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Ladies need to wear head scarves and dresses in Georgian orthodox churches. Short trousers for men are also forbidden. Scarves and dresses can also be found near church entrances for men and women to enter churches.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- To prevent the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), tour will be provided according to recommendations and guidelines of Ministry of Health of Georgia and World Tourism Organization.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.