Private tour to Paleokastritsa & Wine tasting from Corfu
We drive to the west part of the island to the picturesque Paleokastritsa where we will visit Virgin’s Mary monastery. The 13th century monastery is an excellent example of Greek monastic architecture.
per adult from
What's included :
- Visit Paleokastritsa - Virgin Mary's Monastery - Bella Vista - Local winery
- Transfers from / to your hotel or closest available location
- Professional guide
- Transport with luxury minivan
What's excluded :
- Any Private Expenses
- Winery tasting fees Euro 5,00 per person
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Paleokastritsa, Paleokastritsa, Corfu, Ionian Islands
Our Paleokastritsa & Wine tasting Private Tour from Corfu starts with a pick up from your hotel or apartment.
We drive to the west part of the island to the picturesque Paleokastritsa where we will visit Virgin’s Mary monastery. The 13th century monastery is an excellent example of Greek monastic architecture. There is an arched inner courtyard, and a small museum with Byzantine and post-Byzantine icons. The view from the Monastery is superb. In the foreground is the the rock of Kolovri. According to the Greek Mythology, the rock is Odysseus ship that was turned to stone by the God of the sea Poseidon on its return from Ithaca. Free time 1 hour for optional boat trip to visit the caves (not included in the price) or for swimming.
Then we go on Lakones village where from Bella Vista, described by Lawrence Durrel as having the most beautiful view in the whole Mediterranean, you will admire the view of Paleokastritsa bays.
Last stop of our Private tour to Paleokastritsa & Wine tasting from Corfu we drive to Ropa Valley, where we will visit Theotoki Estate, the winery of one of the oldest families in Corfu. Their wine is produced in the traditional way and the process of fermentation and maturation, which takes place in stainless steel tanks, giving the wine physical stability and outstanding quality and taste. All the wines are organic, certified by TUV Hellas.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Transfers from / to your hotel or closest available location
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.