Private Tour to Ollantaytambo Fortress
Accompanied by your guide, today you will venture to climb the 150 steps that separate the summit from the low part of the Ollantaytambo fortress, in which the Temple of the Sun (formed by six huge monoliths of pink granite, with a weight of more than 50 tons) and the Terrace of the Ten Niches stand out. The half day excursion ends with a short visit to the Ollantaytambo town, a typical example of the urban planning of the Incas, whose residents still live in accordance with their old traditions.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional bilingual tour guide (Spanish and English).
- Touristic transportation.
- Pickup and drop-off (from Cusco hotels).
What's excluded :
- Cusco Tourist ticket - BTC
- Admission to Ollantaytambo fortress
- Personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Park Ollantaytambo
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Archaeological Park Ollantaytambo, Ollantaytambo 08676 Peru
Ollantaytambo, a typical example of urban planning of the Incas still inhabited like in the past. You will find here a great archaeological complex called fortress although it was a tambo, a resting and lodging place for long distance travellers.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Pick-up from hotels located at Cusco Historic Center.- This activity does not include the pick up from private residences (Airbnb). If you stay in them, please contact us days prior the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your activity
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- To visit Ollantaytambo fortress, it is important that you acquire your Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC)
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.