Private Tour to Mtskheta and Georgian Wine Tasting from Tbilisi
Visit Mtskheta town, ancient capital of Eastern Georgia, during full day private tour. Mtskheta is notable for its UNESCO World Heritage Site monuments – Svetitskhoveli Cathedral and Jvari Monastery. During this tour you will have guided excursions in both UNESCO sites, wine-tasting session with snacks in Château Mukhrani Royal Estate and a lunch at Georgian restaurant with traditional dishes.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Lunch at Georgian restaurant with traditional dishes
- Wine tasting with snacks at Chateau Mukhrani Royal Estate
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Chateau Mukhrani
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Georgian Holidays, Tbilisi Georgia
In the morning the guide and driver will pick you up at your place of stay.
Stop At: The City-Museum Reserve of Mtskheta, Mtskheta Georgia
You’ll start journey to the ancient capital of Georgia - Mtskheta. Located on the crossroad of Europe and Asia, Mtskheta had very important strategic and economic advantages till late middle ages. It used to be the capital of the Eastern Georgian kingdom of Iberia from the 4th c BC through the 5th c AD. The town is also famous for its UNESCO World Heritage Site monuments – Svetitskhoveli Cathedral and Jvari Monastery.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Jvari Church, Mtskheta Georgia
Your first stop will be Jvari Monastery located on the top of the hill. Enjoy truly breathtaking views from the site and learn about the legends connected to the monastery.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Svetitskhoveli Cathedral, Arsukidze, Mtskheta 3300 Georgia
Next drive to Svetitskhoveli Cathedral (11th century), enjoy excursion at the site and see the interior and exterior of the Cathedral decorated with frescos and wall carvings.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Samtavro Church, Davit Aghmashenebelis qucha, Mtskheta 383400 Georgia
Also visit Samtavro Monastery, located in ancient king family’s garden. The complex includes cathedral of 11th c and 4th c church.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Chateau Mukhrani, Tsereteli akakis gamz. 116, Mukhrani 3309 Georgia
Take a lunch break at local restaurant with traditional Georgian dishes and then drive to Château Mukhrani – former estate of Ivane Mukhranbatoni royal family.
Here you will have a guided tour at the estate, gardens, stable and old wine-cellars, learn the history of Georgian royal family, visit the contemporary winery and factory and find out how Château wines are made. The excursion will be followed by tasting finest Château Mukhrani wines with snacks. And here you have a wonderful opportunity to buy Château Mukhrani premium wines at a special price.
In the evening drive back to Tbilisi, where the tour ends with a drop off at you place of stay.
Note: Château Mukhrani Royal Estate image is the courtesy of JSC Château Mukhrani
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your place of stay in Tbilisi
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.