Private Tour to Mount Longonot and Optional Boat Ride on Lake Naivasha
Mt Longonot National Park is located 90km from Nairobi city on the floor of the Great Rift Valley. The mt Longonot national park is a popular park for hiking and mountain climbing that takes less than 3-4hrs to climb/hike up and down. It is one of the best adventure day trips from Nairobi. Longonot national park is easy to get to and has the best sightseeing opportunities and one can look inside the mountain crater.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional English speaking guide/driver.
- Pickup and drop-off to your hotel within Nairobi CBD
- Private tour
- park entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Mount Longonot National Park
What's excluded :
- Boat ride (25 USD per person)
- Lunch (We are happy to drive you to a restaurant.
- Pickup and drop off to the airport at 20 USD.
- Entry/Admission - Lake Naivasha
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Longonot National Park, Naivasha road, Maai Mahiu 00200 Kenya
6:00am:- Nairobi- Great African Rift Valley
Depart Nairobi for Mt Longonot National Park going through the Kikuyu lush green highlands and then on the eastern escarpment of the rift valley system.
6:30am: – Great Rift Valley View Point
You will make a scheduled stop at the view point on the side of the escarpment to enjoy the view of the Rift valley floor from a birds eye view. The rift valley system was formed 5 million years ago and the rift runs from the red sea through Ethiopia and Kenya and Tanzania. The rift valley is an active volcanic area and has some of the most interesting features including more than 8 lakes, dormant and active volcanic mountains and hotsprings and geysers like the Olkaria geothermal wells and Lake Bogoria geysers.
You can actually see the volcanic Mt Suswa and Mt Longonot from this high place with their evergreen craters and the undulating green rift valley floor. The view from here is just amazing. Make sure to take as many photos from here as you can.
7:00am: – Mt Longonot National Park
Drop into the rift valley and arrive at the Mt Longonot national park for your Hike up to the crater. The hike requires medium physical fitness and you will climb through the gulleys that dot the sides of this mountain. You can make some rest stops at the designated places on the trek. You will get to the rim of the crater and look into the awesome crater below. If you have the strength for it, you can go round the rim of the crater.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Lake Naivasha, Naivasha Road Nakuru County Kenya
12:00pm: – Mt. Longonot –Lake Naivasha
Descend from the Longonot mountain for the base at the park headquarters. Relax for some while and take on the drive to Lake Naivasha.
1:00pm: – Lunch at Marina Camp
Arrive at Marina camp and enjoy a sumptuous lunch at their restaurant by the lakeside while watching the lakes beauty and the birds flying by.
2:30pm: – Boat Ride in Lake Naivasha
Go on an hour boat ride in this wonderful rift valley lake. The boat ride will take you to see the hundreds of birds in this lake including the diving African fish eagle which dives in the water to catch fish without ever missing. You will also go to the hippo pool and see the hippos as they swim and bleat inside the water while opening their mouths to over 180 degrees.
4:00pm: – Lake Naivasha -Nairobi
Depart Lake Naivasha for Nairobi going through the lush Kikuyu highlands and arrive back in Nairobi at 5:30 pm. You will be dropped off at your hotel or residency within Nairobi CBD.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
ApartmentsVillasHostelsAny hotel/residence within NairobiAirports
- Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Embakasi, Nairobi, Kenya
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.