Private Tour to "Little Europe": A Day Trip to Northern Serbia and Novi Sad
Following Thomas Berry’s saying “The greater the diversity, the greater the perfection” we are excited and proud to offer you to get to know the province of Vojvodina with us.
On this tour, you will have the opportunity to both get comfortably tucked into the tranquillity and serene scenery of the flat Pannonian Plain and the devoted silence of quiet monasteries, as well as to be mind-awaken by the richness of the area’s historical significance. Of course, a bit earthlier pleasures, when in this area, must also not be avoided - Bermet, a traditional type of wine, preserved and revived to its former glory, will bring both your mind and your body into balance during this exploration.
If variety is indeed the spice of life, Vojvodina – with its wide diversity of languages, ethnic groups, religions, cultures, and traditions will surely contribute to your traveling experiences in more ways than you could have expected.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Full-day private trip to Krusedol monastery, Sremski Karlovci, and Novi Sad from Belgrade
- Service of a professional, licensed guide
- Transport by air-conditioned car or minivan
- Private tour ensures a personalized experience
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Souvenirs and/or other expenses of private nature
- Gratuities (appreciated, but completely at client's discretion)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Krusedol Monastery, Krusedol village, Fruska Gora National Park Serbia
Have you ever heard that the Danube river also has its Gibraltar? Were you aware that Serbia also has its Athens?
If you have thought that streets adorned with baroque architecture can only be found in Northern Europe, and the best wines are being enjoyed in Italy or France – our professional guides will reveal a whole new dimension of this world’s part to you.
Meet our licensed guide at your Belgrade address for this full-day trip to the province of Vojvodina and its exciting, yet easy-going capital – Novi Sad. Enjoy an approx. 1-hour drive through the scenic Pannonian Plain adjoined with guide’s informative introduction talk, before you reach the area of Fruška Gora – the Serbian Holy Mountain, home to 16 monasteries. Your guide will lead you to the most prominent amongst them - Krušedol Monastery - built in the 16th century by the last Serbian medieval ruler. Learn about the history and legacy of this medieval center of Serbian culture, fresco art, and dreams of Liberation.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sremski Karlovci, Sremski Karlovci, Vojvodina
We will continue to the multi-cultural town of Sremski Karlovci, once the seat of the Serbian Orthodox Church in the Habsburg Monarchy, As you stroll through the town’s baroque architecture, hear about the history of the Karlowitz Peace Treaty signing, as well as the town’s reputation for wine. This is home to Bermet, one of a kind dessert wine in the world. Of this royal nectar, once a favorite in all European courts, only 15 to 20 thousand bottles per year are being produced. You will have an opportunity to sample it! (optional)
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Petrovaradin Fortress, Tvrdjava In the direction of the Academy of Arts through the tunnel on the imperial field on the left, Petrovaradin, Novi Sad 21131 Serbia
After seeing the Tekije Church, the site of a famous battle between the Ottomans and the Habsburgs next highlight to admire is the stunning views from the Petrovaradin Fortress located on the 40 m high volcanic rock above the Danube. Here you will learn about the complicated maze of underground tunnels and galleries, part of the state-of-the-art defense system.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Trg slobode, Novi Sad, Serbia
The last stop on your tour is the historic center of Vojvodina’s capital, Novi Sad, where a leisurely walk with your guide will take you past the Orthodox Cathedral, Bishop's Palace, and the monument to great Serbian poet Zmaj, finishing at the Liberty Square, home to the baroque City Hall and the neo-gothic Catholic church.
During 1.5-hour free time explore Novi Sad’s center on your own or just sit back and relax while observing the locals. If this full-day tour has brought up your appetite, ask your guide to recommend local specialties from the rich traditional Serbian menu.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Walking parts of the tour are being done on flat terrain mostly. Please wear comfortable footwear.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Most parts of the tour are accessible for people with mobility issues (i.e. wheelchairs, walkers, walking sticks, crutches. Petrovaradin Fortress is only partly accessible to wheelchair users.)
- Pick-up from your accommodation is arranged approximately 10 minutes prior to tour start time - 09:30 am
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.