Private Tour to Jerash and Ajloun from Amman
Discover ancient civilizations from the Roman Empire and the Islamic era on this private day tour to Jerash and Ajloun from Amman. Follow your private guide through the streets of Jerash Greco – Roman city, widely considered among the best-preserved of all the world’s ancient Roman cities. Admire plazas, temples, theaters, and colonnaded avenues once abuzz with life under Roman rule. With your private guide to lead the way, choose your route to see the attractions of most interest. Continue to the 12th-century Islamic Castle of Ajloun. Your tour includes private leisure transportation, hotel pick up and drop off with entrance fees if option Jordan Pass is not selected.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Private Transfer by air-conditioned leisure new vehicle according number of participants
- English-Speaking Driver
- Local English-Speaking Guide for the classic visit of Jerash
- Entrance fees to Jerash Roman Ruins and Ajloun Castle; if option Jordan Pass not selected
- On board WI-FI
- Entry/Admission - Jerash Ruins
- Entry/Admission - Oval Plaza
- Entry/Admission - Ajloun Castle
What's excluded :
- All type of meals, unless option with lunch selected (Vegetarian meal by request)
- All type of beverages
- All type of gratuities (Tips to the Driver) – Recommended
- Personal Expenses
- Anything else not mentioned
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Amman, Amman, Amman Governorate
Begin your private tour with a pick-up from your central Amman hotel, and travel by comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle to Jerash with your own private English-Speaking Driver who doubles up as your guide.
Stop At: Jerash Ruins, Jerash Jordan
Wander among the original temples, theaters, plazas, paths and colonnaded streets, all enclosed within the remaining city walls. Within the city walls have been found the remains of settlements dating from the Bronze Age, the Iron Age, the Hellenistic, Roman, Byzantine, Umayyad, and Abbasid periods; indicating human occupation at this location for more than 2,500 years. A local English-Speaking Guide will be included for your classic 2 hours visit of this Roman Decapolis City of Jerash. This ancient city was one of the most prosperous in the Roman Empire, and was covered by sand for centuries until its remnants were discovered in 1806.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Oval Plaza, Archaeological Site Jerash, Jerash 26173 Jordan
Head through the ancient city gate and walk around the well-preserved ruins as your guide tells you tales about the city in its heyday. See its arches, theaters, and elegant colonnaded street. Snap photos of the stunning Oval Plaza, the Temples of Zeus and Artemis, as well as the intriguing egg-shaped public square framed by standing columns.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ajloun Castle, Ajloun National Park, Jerash 26173 Jordan
Having explored here, continue to the 12th-century Castle of Ajloun, built in the time of Saladin to defend against Crusader armies. Head inside this semi-intact hilltop fortress, roam the rambling corridors and staircases. See the murder holes used by the invaders, and admire the stunning views over the lush hills of the Jordan Valley from the towers. Then, reconvene with your vehicle and relax on your long ride back to Amman where your trip ends with a hotel drop off.
Duration: 1 minute
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off by request.
- Order of visits may change for day tours with more than one visit as long as all sites completed.
- Contact your local operator (phone number, emergency mobile number, or email address) a day before to reconfirm pick-up arrangements provided in your voucher.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- For Jordan Pass holders that purchased tour activity with entrance fees, please inform us to reimburse the entrance fees in destination.
- Clients are advised to bring hats, sun screen, and comfortable walking shoes.
- Tour activity is provided in English. For other languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German) by request.
- Mobile SIM cards including Wi-Fi are available with assistance of our team upon request and can be subject to a small additional charge approximately: 20 USD. (Prices subject to change by the communication company).
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level.
- Most local tourist restaurants in Jordan do not serve alcohol, if you do not want a dry restaurant please contact us.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- These measurements will be updated accordance with the Health Ministry regulations.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.