Private Tour to Jabal Shams Grand Canyon Balcony Walk
Take a turnaround trip alongside the Grand Canyon and experience spectacular natural scenery in Jabal Shams. Walk on through old abandoned village ruins and reach to cave with a water pond as a reward for Your efforts on the “Balcony Walk” trek.
Located 220km from Muscat (80km from Nizwa) with the closest town Al Hamra, we gonna follow the road from Al Hamra to Wadi Ghul towards Jabal Shams Plateau, carry out until we will reach Al Khitaym village (app. 40km from Al Hamra).
An ancient donkey trail, which follows the west flank of the An Nakhur Gorge (known as “Grand Canyon”) and leads to a abandoned village of As Sab - formerly known as Sab Bani Khamis.
From the terraces we will also explore Water pool located inside open cave structure (Bi’r Dakhilyah).
We gonna return on the same road.
The time spent on the trek is set up around 5 hours, which is including the stops to breaks, pictures and break at the Water pool area before returning back).
per adult from
12 to 13 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea - Bottled water, snacks, Coffee/Tea, fruits.
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Fuel surcharge
- Hotel Pick up/Drop off
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jebel Shams, Al Hamra Oman
Visit Jabal Shams mountain range in Oman, and get close to the edge of Grand Canyon on the “Balcony Walk” trail. Experience spectacular views and hidden gem at the end of the hike - beautiful open cave structure with a water pond, to relax before heading back.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
I will be waiting at the reception of Your hotel at the “Pick up” time to have a short briefing with You and to crosscheck that everyone is ready to go
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not suitable for children under 8 years
- Not recommended for travelers after knee surgery or severe pain when walking for longer time (one way is slow descending, way back is ascending with steps on the way)
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommend for travelers with severe fear from heights
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.