Private Tour to Dujiangyan & Mt Qingcheng from Chengdu
Discover UNESCO sites, an ancient man-made wonder Dujiangyan and historical Mt Qingcheng on this private day trip out of Chengdu. Enjoy both the fantastic history and the natural scenery.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (centrally located hotels)
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Dujiangyan Irrigation System
- Entry/Admission - Mount Qingcheng
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dujiangyan Irrigation System, On the Minjiang River at the west of Dujiangyan, Dujiangyan 611830 China
Discover an ancient manmade wonder and a site of natural and cultural beauty on this private day trip out of Chengdu. Learn about the incredible UNESCO-listed Dujiangyan Irrigation System before visiting Mount Qingcheng, one of the most important centers of Taoism in China.
Your personal guide picks you up from your hotel in the morning
at 7:30 am and chauffeurs you out from Chengdu to Dujiangyan. It takes about one hour to get there by car on the highway. Here, venture out to the Dujiangyan Irrigation System, a massive project originally constructed around 256 BC by the Qin state. Located on the Min River tributary of the Yangtze, the system was designed to conserve water and control flooding, and still irrigates 2,046 square miles (5,300 sq km) of land today. Your guide explains how the immense undertaking altered the Sichuan basin into a region of abundance while eliminating floods from nearby areas.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mount Qingcheng, Qingcheng Mountain Town, Chengdu 611844 China
After visiting Dujiangyan, replenish your energy with lunch and then drive to Mount Qingcheng. The site where the deity Huangdi, or Yellow Emperor, studied, the mountain is one of the most important centers of Taoism in China, and is regarded as one of the "most peaceful and secluded mountains under heaven." Take a cable car to the top of the mountain to see the historic Shanqing Temple and its ancient relics, then visit the Laojun Pavilion, which sits on Qingcheng's highest peak. Enjoy spectacular views of the region before heading back down and driving back to Chengdu.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We also pick up from centrally located Chengdu hotel
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.